View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 11:36 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default Re: One thing I learned from this challenge

Lori, you are so right about the journaling, and I echo your thanks to Toiny and to the designers for the fantastic kits they gave us to work with. The papers and elements in each were so lovely and suited to the challenges that it was a real pleasure to scrap with them. I'm also grateful for the lessons learned here with respect to the journaling prompts. It's easy enough to follow the other prompts about how many papers to use, etc., but often hard to really follow the prompts for journaling that talk about hard times and less-than-perfect memories. But what wonderful journaling came out of all the contestants in response to these prompts! No one held back or stayed guarded (that's often my defense), but did a superb job of capturing feelings and memories, and put them on their pages in unique and wonderful ways. I'm proud to be in such a group of gifted memory-keepers (that's such a great screen name, I had to appropriate it for this note). Thank you for including me, and thank you fellow scrappers for giving me a peek into your lives and the support and encouragement you all have given. I'm going to be sorry the contest is ending!