So I have no marshmallow fluff, no peanut butter, not even marshmallows. SO fudge is just not right here....We do however have Brigadeiro.
“Brigadeiro” is a typical Brazilian sweet, which is served at every Brazilian birthday party. People love “brigadeiro” and I am sure you will love it too if you haven’t tried it yet.
This is probably the easiest to make too.
I pulled this recipie off of Allrecipies.com
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 tablespoon butter
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cocoa, butter and condensed milk. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest until cool enough to handle. Form into small balls and eat at once or chill until serving.
Here are some tips from a Brazillian living in the US. Really helpful to get the right taste
I am from Brazil, but I am currently living in the US. I can give some tips about making a brigadeiro:
1. Condensed milk in the US is a litlle different from the Brazilian version. It is not so sweet as the Brazilian, therefore I would recommend using a chocolate powder like Nesquick.
2. Cook the mixture until it thickens enough to show the pan bottom during stirring.
3. Pour the mixture in a lightly greased dish and let it cool to room temperature.
4. Now you are ready to form the little balls, remember to grease your hands with margarine first!
5. Roll it over sprinkles
6. Place the balls in candy cups (small size)and voilla! Enjoy it!