Thread: Hybrid what?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 09:49 AM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: Hybrid what?

Hybrid for me has grown to include my Silhouette digital cutter. (These do not use dies, so they are not die cutters like the Cuttlebug is) I can use my digital scrapbook papers to fill shapes just like I do in PSE, and my machine will cut them out for me. This week I made a 3d crib, a playpen, and a high chair to use as decor for the baby shower for my DIL and on the way baby girl. I put colorful mats in each by filling a shape with digi paper, then glued on some rhinestone and irock glam. Since I can use anything I design or buy or download from the web as something to cut out (no cartridges - yay!) I am having fun taking digital paper and elements and sending them through my machine to print and cut them out for me, then putting them to use in a whole new way. I've made and cut out gable boxes, other gift boxes, flowers to use on gift packages instead of bows, stencils for glass etching, cut vinyl text as labels on a lot of storage canisters, and a whole lot of other things. Hybrid means the ability to free myself from flat scrapbook pages forever and take crafting to a whole new level.