View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 03:42 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Chat with DIgilicious Designs

Here's my instructions....

1. Open 1 plain paper or cardstock and 1 patterned paper.

2. Place the patterned paper on top of the cardstock and make it slightly smaller so that the cardstock shows around the edge.

3. In the top right-hand corner, use your elliptical marquee tool to make a circle selection about 3/4 inch in diameter. Cut out a circle from the top paper. Move the circle down just below
the first cut out and repeat. Repeat once again so that you have 3 cut-out circles in your top paper.

4. Now select 3 small embellishments, such as buttons, flowers, pebbles, chippies etc, and place them under the top paper and in each circle cut-out so that they can be seen through the cut-outs.

5. In the bottom left corner, place a matte or frame and insert your photo.

6. About 3/4 of the way down your photo/frame, place 2 strips for your title and/or journaling. I placed my title on them with small 'typewriter key' type alphas.

7. Place embellishments around your frame/photo as desired.

8. Place a longish journal below your 3 cut-outs on the right-hand side of the page - place it long-ways so that it continues that 'line' down the side of the page. Journal as desired. I wrote names/place/date.

Last step...9. Shadows! This is where your cutouts will really look neat! A nice soft shadow on the top paper, enough to give the cut-outs some definition

Last edited by DigiliciousDesigns; 04-01-2012 at 04:21 PM.