Default Re: Recipe Card Challenge ~ May 2012

My recipe is Mico_wave Rice Kripies Treats

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...es-treats.html

Ingredients:
3 TB Butter
1 Package miniature Marshmallows or about 6 cups marshmallows
6 Cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies

Directions:
Have a 13x9x2 glass pan all buttered up. Also a very large bowl buttered and all the Rice Krispies in the bowl. Set aside in a area to work in.
In a 2 quart Pyrex Measuring cooking bowl with handle put the butter in the bottom and then all the marshmallow on top. Put that into the Micro wave and have a wooden spoon to keep stirring the mixture down as you cook it for a few minutes at a time watching it raise and opening the door to stir the marshmallows down. I set it for 5 Minutes and it all depends on the amount of heat. I use regular setting. If more time is needed cook it until all the marshmallows can be stirred and creamy. Then pour all the mixture on to the Rice Krispies and butter the clean hands or use a buttered wooden spoon to mix it all up working very quickly. Clean up is a snap but do not put a very hot glass bowl into the water it will break. At Christmas we use decorated cup cake cups and fill those and then drizzle melted Almond Bark Chocolate flavor followed by a drizzle of the Almond Bark White. This can be found at Christmas in most stores. Kids next door love it along with grown-ups.