View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 04:03 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Christmas Card Exchange

Welcome to Christmas in July at The Studio!

I'm hosting a challenge for you that will hopefully fill you Christmas Stockings with wonderful cards that you can send out to your family and friends. Just think - you can already cross one thing off of your Christmas "THINGS TO DO LIST"!

It's really quite a simple challenge. I'd like you all to create a Christmas Card. Plain and simple right! You can leave an opening for a photo, or not. I'd suggest using a layout size of either 5" x 7" or flipped to 7" x 5". That way it will be easy to print them off on your home computer if you'd like and pop them into an envelope, or as some also do, send them in an email. They'd be a small enough size as to be able to email it without being too large.

And then we're going to SHARE THEM ALL! So if we have 10 or 20 people participating - that's how many cards you'll end up with. You'll have a super variety and you can pick and chose who's getting what card when you send them out.

When you are finished your card, upload it to the gallery HERE and then come back and post your LO in this thread as well. Then email me your file (avalon44@telus.net) and at the end of July, I will upload all the cards to a file sharing site. I'll send out the link and you can download all the cards at once. Then - there's your Christmas Card stash ready to go!

I've designed 2 cards here - leaving a space to put a photo if wanted. When you receive it - you could also fill it in with another paper if you like. For some of you that may place a photo frame in the middle of your card (i.e. if you're using the template provided) and need to know how to make that space empty so you can place a photo, just let me know and I can tell you how to do it. Or, I can do it for you - just send me your card and I'll send the card back to you all ready to go. I'll leave that up to you.

Also as a bonus, I've created a template for those that may want to use one as opposed to creating one from scratch. You can download it here.

And with all of the designers Christmas kits on sale until the end of July - what a great way to stock up on Christmas cards!

I hope you all take part in the challenge and we'll stock up on a year's supply of cards!

Take a look at some of the great Christmas kits on sale!

Cheers,
Darlene