View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 04:22 AM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: July 2012 - Surprise Me! -Border Challenge

Ooops! I goofed up the challenge. I remembered we were supposed to use one photo and make a border to go along with the picture. I totally forgot about the instruction that said to make the layout consist of one big picture and a border. Sorry, I hope you will accept my layout anyway. I did only use 1 photo ,but I played around with the one photo.

*I prefer a monthly challenge ,as 15 days is too soon for me. Instead of just doing a borders challenge every month, how about making this a technique challenge and have a new technique each month, so it's not like a recipe challenge. Would it be more fun to try or learn a new technique each month,then do another recipe challenge. I don't really like redipe challenges, because they mess up my creative process some how. Here's some great technique challenges for the next 12 months..
Serendipity/Weaving paper/quilting layout/ric rac borders/border masks/using paint brushes/paper w/deco edges/
using paper overlays to make a new paper/ cut up paper overlay to make background for an element cluster/ clustering/ blending phtos into background/color blocking/ making word art