View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 04:54 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Refrigerator Art Challenge

Hi all, and welcome to the "Refrigerator Art Challenge" (not a progressive challenge this time, lol)!

It's a challenge that's all about those wonderful drawings, paintings and craft projects our kids, grandchildren, nieces, nephews.... do in school, kindergarten or at home and proudly present to us. I (and I'm sure you, too) love every single one of them, but at some point I was running out of wall and refrigerator space - and I have only one kid, lol.

Somebody told me to scan or photograph the art and I love the idea!
Not only does it save me from all those boxes and folders of pictures that don't get looked at anymore, it also preserves that piece of art - no wrinkles, tears or fading colors (and you can present a happy grandmother or aunt with the original). If you take the picture (or scan) right away, your piece of art is also dated correctly and if you name the file with a meaningful title (mama-and-su-picking-flowers.jpg or chestnut-art-from-kindergarten.jpg) you will always know the when, the who and the what of the pic.

I challenge you to get a start with this and show us a layout of your favorite or latest piece(s) of art you were presented with. If you don't have kids or grandchildren and still want to participate - show us something else that is on your fridge: a postcard, the menu of your fav pizza place, whatever. Take a pic, add a little bit of journaling and show it off!

Here's a simple layout I made using a drawing of my daughter:

To help you to get started I made a refrigerator layout template and a set of fridge magnet alphas - you're welcome to use them for this challenge, but it's not a requirement:

You can pick those up for free in my store

Upload your layout to the Refrigerator Art Challenge Gallery and leave a link here, so we can all go and admire your work!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here in this thread, I'll try to answer them as fast as possible.

Enjoy your downloads and have fun!

Last edited by Min; 10-02-2012 at 04:41 PM.