View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 01:28 PM
theStudio Designer

Cool Septembers Challenge - Part One!

Hello everyone! I am getting this out a little early [ just a day or so! ] because I'm afraid I've got the crud! Or at least that's what my doctor calls it. I didn't want to miss out being on time - just ask my kids..I am such a punctual kind of person!

This is our first round of Photography challenge and depending on how this month goes, maybe I will do it more often. I personally love photography { even though I'm not the best! } so it just seemed like a fantastic idea to me. Hope you agree

To start us off this month I have decided to go with Color! I selected a wonderful action from The Coffee Shop Blog called Lustrous Pop. You can find this action here: http://www.thecoffeeshopblog.com/201...se-action.html

It's free to download and use! It comes in versions for Photoshop, PSE5-8 and if you can't run actions, she does write about her action which can help you recreate the effect! One of the best things about these actions [ the ones I have used so far ] is that they are easily customized and 100% user friendly!

For this challenge I went with a picture of my son. I used the action two times to show the various results you can get.

Now for your challenge:
Select a photo with a person as the main image - something that has been done recently - and make the color enhance. You do not have to use the action, I was just providing it to lend a digital hand!

When you are happy with your photo, load it to the Photography Challenge Gallery and leave a link here!

As a participation reward, we offer a 10% discount on ALL of your purchases for the following month! So, if you participate this month in any of the challenges (AND post a link in the challenge forum - IE, right here for this challenge), you will receive 10% off of every purchase made next month! No coupons required, the discount will automatically apply to your purchase(s). It's important that you're registered in the forum using the same e-mail address.

Bonus: All participants who post by Sept 30th will receive a $3.00 coupon to my personal use store!

Grand Prize: One winner will get a wonderful Guest CT Position on a surprise designers CT Team!
You are welcome to OPT OUT of the Grand Prize as not everyone has the time or desire to be a guest on a CT team!!!

Thank you for joining in on this challenge and feel free to leave some thoughts! I DO need to get to pro status and all that *winks*
Danielle S.

Last edited by DanielleS83; 09-01-2012 at 05:04 PM.