09-01-2012, 05:03 AM
NDC Round 1 Challenge: Moonrise
Welcome, welcome, welcome! I am on-the-edge-of-my-seat excited to see what everyone is bringing to this competition. September has always been my favorite part of the year, fall, back-to-school, my birthday, theStudio’s birthday and the annual Next Designer Competition here at theStudio.
A quick reminder, everyone is welcome. The door does not close until Round 1 submissions are in: September 5, 2012 at midnight (est). This is elimination style, exact numbers to be eliminated will be posted after Round 1 submissions are in.
There are no prizes after Round 1.
Round 2 winners will receive an amazing Commercial Grab Bag from theStudio Design Team:
Round 3 winners will receive one year (12) of theStudio’s Monthly Cu Grab Bag. And the winner will receive a Silhouette CAMEO as well as a Designer Contract:
Your Round 1 Challenge is to create a mini kit, all using the same palette and theme. This year we again have a common theme throughout all four rounds: the moon.
Round 1 Theme: Moonrise
Palette: click for Photoshop Swatch.
Use the above color palette & theme to create a mini-kit. You may add black & white if needed, no metals. Your mini-kit must include:
You may use commercial use/designer resource products in the creation of your mini-kit. You may use more than one photo-editing/vector program to create your kit. You may use plug-ins.
Please do not break any copyright laws in this competition--you will be disqualified if you do. Do give credit, as required, to any Commercial Use products you use.
All previews must be posted in the Next Designer Contest 2012Gallery. Please post your download links there as well. You may use any outside host including 4shared/rapidshare/boxnet etc. You must use ZIP files only. Do not use RAR. You may blog all you like about the contest.
Voting will be done privately by theStudio Design & Admin teams only.
- Exactly 5 papers:
- 3 patterned papers
- 2 solid papers
- either jpg or png
- 12 unique elements, ie no duplicates or recolors.
- You do not have to use all the colors.
- The preview must be 600X600px, 72dpi, and a jpg file.
- The preview must include all papers, elements, kit name and your logo.
- Previews must be posted in the Next Designer Contest 2012 Gallery due September 5, 2012 by 24:00 EST.
- Include your download links with your preview in the gallery.
- Links must be available until September 9, 2012. It is appreciated if they are available until October 1, 2012.
I have worked hard to make these rules as clear and easy to understand as possible. However, if you have any questions please post here or PM me.
- Round 1 kit will be due September 5, 2012 by 24:00 EST.
- Round 1 results will be posted September 8, 2012 by 6:00 am EST.
Last edited by Toiny; 09-04-2012 at 05:25 AM.