Here is the play along challenge for Round 3 - again, you have 1 extra day to get it in because I was late in posting it. This round, this challenge is a bit different from the main challenge due to the prize offered those who made it through.
Your Round 3 Challenge is to create a kit using another photo by Captain Kimo as your inspiration. I have already picked a palette & photo for you. You must use this palette.
However, this palette is very monochromatic. It needs a little splash of color. Each of you may pick one additional color (and it's lighter & darker variations) to add to this palette.
[COLOR=#231f20]Round 3 is traditionally the no CU round. This year we are mixing it up a little. This year is not just about the moon, but also about color! For this round, you should really try and limit your use of commercial tools. See what you can do!
Use the above photo to inspire your kit. Remember the theme is the moon. Your kit must include:
· You must use the palette provided.You may add one additonal color.
· At least 10 papers:
- At least 3 must be solids
- either jpg or png
· At least 24 unique elements, ie no duplicates or recolors.
· The preview must be 600X600px, 72dpi, and a jpg file.
· The preview must include all papers, elements, kit name and your logo.
· Previews must be posted in the NDC Week 3 Entry Gallery due September 20, 2012 by 23:59 EST.
· Include your download links with your preview in the gallery only.
· Links must be available until September 23, 2012. It is appreciated if they are available until October 1, 2012.
You may use commercial use/designer resource products in the creation of your kit. You may use more than one photo-editing/vector program to create your kit. You may NOT use plug-ins.
Please do not break any copyright laws in this competition--you will be disqualified if you do. Do give credit, as required, to any Commercial Use products you use.
All previews must be posted in the NDC Play along Gallery. Please post your download links there as well. You may use any outside host including 4shared/rapidshare/boxnet etc. You must use ZIP files only. Do not use RAR. You may blog all you like about the contest.
Voting will again be done privately by theStudio Design & Admin teams only.
· Round 2 kit will be due September 20, 2012 by 23:59 EST.
· Round 2 results will be posted September 23, 2012 by 6:00 am EST.
I have worked hard to make these rules as clear and easy to understand as possible. However, if you have any questions please post here or PM me.
Toiny & Mandak