View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 10:53 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Septembers Challenge - Part Two!

Hello again all and welcome to this months second round of Photography Challenge!
I'm Danielle of The Urban Fairy and will be your host [ having fun doing that part! ] for this challenge. Last round we did a great color pop idea for photos, so this time - we're going the opposite direction! This time we will be going for more of a vintage like feel.

I have found another fantastic action from The Coffee Shop called Downtown and you can find this free, user friendly action here:
http://www.thecoffeeshopblog.com/201...op-action.html

It is only availble for Photoshop this time, but it does come with a lovely little frame you can use!
Again if you can't use actions, she write about the action which could help you manage to create the effect on your own.

For this challenge I decided to use a picture that I was really proud of, a small, beautiful waterfall. Believe it or not, it was at the Zoo! The tigers really enjoy it.

Now for your challenge:
Select a landscape photo and make the vintage like changes. You can do this with color fills, layer blends, opacity changes, noise and scratches, even textures! You do NOT have to use the action provided, it's just to help out!

When you are happy with your photo, load it to the Photography Challenge Gallery and leave a link here!
As a participation reward, we offer a 10% discount on ALL of your purchases for the following month! So, if you participate this month in any of the challenges (AND post a link in the challenge forum - IE, right here for this challenge), you will receive 10% off of every purchase made next month! No coupons required, the discount will automatically apply to your purchase(s). It's important that you're registered in the forum using the same e-mail address.

Thank you for joining in on this challenge and feel free to leave some thoughts! I enjoy learning what YOU like and what YOU don't!
Danielle S.