09-22-2012, 06:00 AM
NDC 2012: Round 4 Challenge
Congratulations to all of you for making it to the final round! You've hung in there against some stiff competition and prevailed. Well done.
Now comes your most difficult round. This is where we choose our winner. This is where one of you wins the coveted Silhouette CAMEO, and gets an offer to be a Studio Designer. This is where it really counts.
This round I want to see, as they say in the cooking competitions, you on a plate. This kit should be everything you are as a Designer. There are minimal rules here, I really want to see YOU and what you are capable of.
Please be very careful with quality, both with your own designs as well as purchased CU. More than any other round, in this round quality can & will cost you the win. Likewise be sure to properly credit in your TOU.
In keeping with our running theme of the moon, and my love for Captain Kimo, choose one photo, any photo, from Captain Kimo's gallery as your inspiration.
You will create your theme, your palette and your description from this photo.
Use the photo to inspire your kit. Remember the running base theme is the moon. Please include:
You may use commercial use/designer resource products in the creation of your kit. You may use more than one photo-editing/vector program to create your kit. You may use plug-ins.
- - Your Palette
- - A description, same as when you list your product in a store, sell your kit
- - A link, in your description, to the photo in Captain Kimo's gallery that inspired your kit
- - There is no size limit
- - The preview must be 600X600px, 72dpi, and a jpg file.
- - The preview must include all papers, elements, kit name and your logo.
- - Previews must be posted in the NDC Week 4 Entry Gallery due September 27, 2012 by 23:59 EST.
- - Include your download links with your preview in the gallery only.
- - Links must be available until September 29, 2012. It is appreciated if they are available until October 1, 2012.
Please do not break any copyright laws in this competition--you will be disqualified if you do. Do give credit, as required, to any Commercial Use products you use.
All previews must be posted in the NDC Week 4 Entry Gallery. Please post your download links there as well. You may use any outside host including 4shared/rapidshare/boxnet etc. You must use ZIP files only. Do not use RAR. You may blog all you like about the contest.
Voting will again be done privately by theStudio Design & Admin teams only.
I have worked hard to make these rules as clear and easy to understand as possible. However, if you have any questions please post here or PM me.
- - Round 4 kit will be due September 27, 2012 by 23:59 EST.
- Round 4 results will be posted September 29, 2012 by 6:00 am EST.
Last edited by Ambowife Designs; 09-23-2012 at 04:52 AM.