Conversation Starter Card Challenge Gallery
This is a new challenge I started last month that is patterned after Maurine's (Let Me Scrapbook) wonderful recipe card challenge/exchange.
Conversation Starter Cards are an aid to prompt dinner table conversation and to encourage children (and adults) to enjoy special family time. The cards can be managed many different ways; one person can pick a card and everyone answers the same question or everyone can pick a different card. You may choose cards at the beginning of a meal or at dessert.
Answers in our family run the gamut from silly to sentimental (with sappy, sincere, serious and studied in between) [I like alliteration....smile] . For us it allows multiple generations to participate, and we always learn something, though often not what we might expect. The only ground rules are respect each other and never ask question that can be answered yes or no (the idea is conversation LOL).
The theme for our second month is HALLOWEEN or SWEETS. Make your questions relate in some manner to that theme. We will do different themes each month.
Here are some example questions to get you thinking:
· What is your favorite food treat? has it always been your favorite?
· What costume have you worn that got the most reaction from those around you and why?
1. I have made a free starter kit to begin this challenge. Your card(s) should be made with this kit to ensure all cards with the same theme “coordinate” with each other. Feel free to use additional CU items to enhance your cards (for example, brushes, actions, shapes, etc.). Starting in November the starter kit will be free to those who participate in the prior months challenge and create at least one card.
2. Create your original card at 4" wide X 3" tall (1200 and 900 pixels) and save it as a 300 ppi jpeg, quality between 8 to 10. These are the print-quality cards that will be shared with all participants. You will also need to resize your card at 72 ppi to post in the gallery.
WHEN FINISHED with your card(s), do the following 3 things:
1. E-mail your print-quality, 300 ppi conversation card(s) to [email protected] so it can be included in the download file at the end of the month. Do not share your print-quality card on your blogs or through any other means without my prior approval. Recipe card participants also share blank copies of the cards, so if you're willing to send me both (with and without the words), that would be great!
2. Upload a picture of your 72 ppi card to the Conversation Card Challenge Gallery. Please upload only your actual conversation card ~ not the blank cards. You may also post a copy of your 72 ppi (web version) on your blog if you’d like, and then include a link to the forum in case others are interested and want to participate.
3. Post a link to your gallery image here in this forum thread no later than October 30.
At the end of the month, all participants will receive a link to download all the cards created that month. Start those conversations!!
LINK to free starter kit.