Thread: Hello from Utah
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 11:01 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: Hello from Utah

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
Snickerdoodle I will have to go over and checkout that challenge.

I've been trying to finish up 2005-2007 in family photos.
Sometime I need to begin the daunting task of doing a memory album of both my mom & dad, but to do those I have photo boxes of pics to scan...eww....

For my mom's I need to make a trip to Texas to pic the brain of her only sister. There's so many pictures from when my mom was little that I just have no clue about who the people in the pictures are. My mom died from ****** cancer May 2005.

My dad I at least started going through the photo box of pics from when he was growing up when he was first diagnosed with pancreatic cancer-which was good because he lived about two months after the initial diagnosis. I went through all the pictures & stuck post it's on the back with the descriptions :-) He died July 2010.

So many memories to digiscrap! When I tackle those memory albums I want to make copies for their siblings. Has anyone ever used a service for scanning photos? (It seems like I never get a really good result from the photos I scan at home. I always end up having to tweak them in photo shop & with so many photos to scan the task seems very daunting) I've seen lots of places that do that, but I really feel nervous about the thought of mailing off precious photos.