View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 09:02 AM
theStudio Warhol

Default I Need an Adult FriendlyTravel Kit

This is probably more of a challenge to the designers than an ISO. You see, I've gone though all the travel/vacation kits in the shop, and none of them are exactly what I need or want. So let me give some background of what I'm looking for.

My husband and I are empty nesters; our kids are grown and gone. We don't do a lot of traveling, but do some, especially short trips.
  • We drive in our SUV and stay in motels/hotels.
  • We do not camp or own a camper, tent, RV, etc.
  • We have no rug rats hollering from the back seat "Are we there yet?" Adult oriented, please.
  • We do like to visit museums, nature centers, state and national parks, take scenic drives and stop at out-of-the-way places.
  • We've been to the beach but I have all the beach kits I can use.
  • I would especially like a kit with modern trains, as I've taken a couple of trips on Amtrak. Modern train kits are nearly impossible to find.
  • I don't need anything to do with foreign travel such as passports, planes, etc. We're still seeing the USA in our Ford (sorry Chevy).
  • Colors should be warmó greens. blues, yellows with some pops of bright colors.
  • I like realistic style kits. Drawn elements OK, but not cartoonish.

Here's hoping that someone might be interested or inspired to make a kit that will let me scrap all those photos that I need to scrap. Thanks in advance.

[I edited to make it a little clearer since DH was in a hurry to leave when I first wrote the post.]