Welcome to our Photography Challenge!
sponsored by MCP Actions.
I'm so excited to have this new, fantastic Photography Challenge join our annual Next Designer Contest
& Layout Artist Contest
. Please note: you can
join all three.
Our Photography Challenge follows the same time frame as the NDC
. All challenges will be posted 6:00 a.m. EST Monday and due by 23:59 EST per the scheduled dates:
- Round 1: Challenge begins Sept. 2nd, Due Sept 7th - Round 2: Challenge begins Sept. 9th, Due Sept 14th
- Round 3: Challenge begins Sept. 16th, Due Sept 21th
- Round 4: Challenge begins Sept 23rd, Due Sept 28th
- Grand Prize Winner announced Sept 30th
The Grand Prize Winner is determined by a random drawing off participants in all four weeks
. You do not need to win, merely submit an entry each of the four weeks, to be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing on September 30. The Grand Prize Winner will receive the MCP Four Seasons™ Photoshop Actions
(or elements version).
Week 1: Photography Challenge!
The winner this week receives Jodi Friedman's fantabulous MCP Summer Solstice™ Photoshop Actions
(or elements version).
Your challenge is to shoot a Summer Bokeh
photograph. Summer is full of light, light lends itself beautiful to the soft dreaminess that is bokeh. Your image can be with people, or without people. A landscape scene or a macro shot. It must be summer themed and it must have bokeh. Please include your camera settings and/or editing techniques in the description under your photo. Jodi has a great how-to tutorial on her site: Uncover Camera Settings + More in Photoshop, Elements, and Lightroom
What is bokeh? Bokeh, also known as “Boke” is one of the most popular styles in photography. Bokeh
makes photographs visually appealing, focusing our attention on a particular area of the image. The word comes from the Japanese language, which literally translates as “blur”.
- The first photo challenge is open for photo submissions from Monday, September 2 - Friday, September 7 at 23:59 EST.
- Photo must be on theme: “Summer Bokeh”.
- You must have only ONE image in your submission. No collages.
- One submission per member.
- This must be your original photo.
- This can be a recent photo or an older photo.
- This cannot be a previous contest submission, whether on our site or any other site or place.
- All submission must be posted in the Photography Contest 2013 gallery by September 7 at 23:59 EST.
- Site affiliates (CT, Designer & Admin Team) cannot win prizes, however, they can participate.
- One winner will win: MCP Summer Solstice™ Photoshop Actions (or elements version)
- Winner will be announced Monday, September 9.
You can read more about Bokeh on Jodi's blog: