I'm so excited to have this new, fantastic Photography Challenge join our annual Next Designer Contest
& Layout Artist Contest
. Please note: you can
join all three.
Our Photography Challenge follows the same time frame as the NDC
. All challenges will be posted 6:00 a.m. EST Monday and due by 23:59 EST per the scheduled dates:
- Round 2: Challenge begins Sept. 9th, Due Sept 14th by Midnight
The Grand Prize
Winner is determined by a random drawing of participants in all four weeks
. You do not need to win, merely submit an entry each of the four weeks, to be eligible for the Grand Prize
drawing on September 30. The Grand Prize
Winner will receive the MCP Four Seasons™ Photoshop Actions
(or elements version).
Week 2: Photography Challenge!
The winner this week receives Jodi Friedman's fantabulous MCP Autumn Equinox™ Photoshop Actions
(or elements version).
Your challenge is to shoot a Fall Colors
photograph. This does not need to be a photo of trees changing colors, it can be any
photo where the color adds to the story. Please include your camera settings and/or editing techniques in the description under your photo.
Jodi has a great how-to tutorial on her site: How To Transform An Image Using MCP Fusion Photoshop Actions
This tutorial uses the full MCP Fusion™ Photoshop Actions
for sale in Jodi's store. You can also try this with the MCP Mini Fusion™ Free Photoshop Action
- The first photo challenge is open for photo submissions from Monday, September 9 - Saturday, September 14 at 23:59 EST.
- Photo must be on theme: “Fall Colors”.
- You must have only ONE image in your submission. No collages.
- One submission per member.
- This must be your original photo.
- This can be a recent photo or an older photo.
- This cannot be a previous contest submission, whether on our site or any other site or place.
- All submission must be posted in the Photography Contest 2013 gallery by September 14 at 23:59 EST.
- Site affiliates (CT, Designer & Admin Team) cannot win prizes, however, they can participate.
- One winner will win: MCP Autumn Equinox™ Photoshop Actions (or elements version)
- Winner will be announced Monday, September 16.
You can read more about color in photography on Jodi's blog:
How To Soft Proof in Lightroom for the Best Possible Colors