View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 07:05 PM
theStudio Admin Team Member

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb
Default Re: Kind of New and Many Questions

Hi Jana!!! ... and welcome ... and congratulations on getting your degree!!!

Photoshop CC is the upgrade from Photoshop CS6. I do use the "cloud" and, other than the cost, love it. I like that I have access to so many applications. Previously, I used Creative Suite - Web Pro ... talk about expensive!!! I use Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat extensively, so the cost of the suite was much less than buying these individually and now they, along with other applications, are all available in the cloud.

I've dabbled a little bit with PS Elements and really do recommend it, especially for the non-professional (although I know pros who use it). I have PSE11 and I'm amazed at how much it can do.

Both products have tons of tutorials for scrapbooking (along with everything else).

However, I do know folks who swear by PaintShopPro. I used this YEARS ago, before I ever got into scrapping, so I don't have any way to compare it to the Adobe products.

The three above are what's considered general purpose graphics programs. There are also programs that are strictly for scrapbooking and some of them were mentioned in Dani's post. I haven't used any of these, so, again, I am unable to do any kind of comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaM View Post
I wasn't worried about getting a copy of Photoshop CS6, I can buy them in the student books store. I was wondering about the differences between CS6 vs Photoshop CC and whether the tutorials can be used on either version.