View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 07:34 AM
theStudio Warhol

Default Re: Recipe Card Challenge ~ March 2014

I will have my card done I hope before noon today. I totally forgot where I put the files (I've collected so many forgot the name of them)and I just found them lol. Had to retrace my steps from the store back to my pc so I could do a search. My brain is toast lately. Dried up and needs some preserves lol! I will update my post later! Thank you and have a pleasant day!

OK Here are my cards and Here I tried to post my recipe text in gallery (c and p) but it wouldn't show up even when I tried to post in the comments.

Simple Bourbon Chicken

2 lbs chicken breasts or thighs, chopped
1/2 cup bourbon
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 clove grated garlic
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
8 chopped green onions for garnish
steamed white or brown rice
vegetable oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup water

Method

1. Cook rice. Add bourbon, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vinegar and brown sugar to chicken. Let marinate about 30 minutes – 2 hours. Drain chicken and reserve marinade.

2. Preheat a large skillet or wok. Drizzle wok or skillet with oil and add chicken. Stir fry until browned. Add marinade. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and simmer for 15-20 minutes.

2. Dissolve 1 tablespoon cornstarch in 1/4 cup water and add to chicken. Bring back to a boil and continue to simmer until thickened.

3. Serve bourbon chicken over rice and garnish with chopped green onions.