View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 01:37 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Okay, I have an awesome fudge recipe that I found a few years back on the Taste of Home website! It was an instant hit & everyone begs me to make it every year now! :p Something different than all the "chocolate" varieties!

White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge:

1 1/2 tsp. softened butter
1/4 cup softened butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
12 squares (1oz ea) white baking chocolate, chopped
1 jar (7oz) marshmallow creme
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
1/2 tsp peppermint extract

Line a 9" square pan with foil. Grease the foil with the 1 1/2 tsp softened butter. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, sour cream & remaining butter. Cook & stir over med. heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil and cook & stir about 5 min. until it gets to the soft-ball stage (candy thermometer reads 234). Remove from heat, stir in white chocolate & marshmallow creme until melted. Fold in peppermint candy & extract. Pour into prepared pan and chill until firm. Use foil to lift fudge from pan, peel foil away from fudge & cut into squares. Yields 2 pounds of fudge!

It's soooo delicious & light! And it's only 40 calories & 1 gram of fat per 1" square!! I love peppermint around the holidays!! And, just to let you know, I never use a candy thermometer... I don't even know what it is!! LOL! I just eyeball it! My only suggestion is to really crush up that peppermint candy (I used a ziploc baggie & rolling pin!), it's no fun biting into a big chunk of hard candy in the soft fudge! :p

Enjoy!