View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 03:26 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default Re: NEW Heritage Challenges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
Depending on what OS you use, I LOVE Legacy. It has a section where you can pick say a town you're going to, and it will pull everybody into a list that you have information added for that town.
If you like Generations. (My starter and ABSOLUTE favorite program) if you have a MAC, Reunion is the mac version of it. I didn't know that untill we had a mac, and Legacy wouldn't run on it and I had to go look for another program :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
Depending on what OS you use, I LOVE Legacy. It has a section where you can pick say a town you're going to, and it will pull everybody into a list that you have information added for that town.
If you like Generations. (My starter and ABSOLUTE favorite program) if you have a MAC, Reunion is the mac version of it. I didn't know that untill we had a mac, and Legacy wouldn't run on it and I had to go look for another program :-)
I'd second that both for reunion and Legacy. I used Reunion when I had a mac, but then it was sold. A VERY similar for mac program was Generations. I"m not sure if you can find it online. I moved to windows computer so no I use Legacy which you can get free. I think now it comes in both MAC and windows. You can also buy it online for something like $29.00. IF you order the CD Version it has both MAC and OS on the same CD. Actually when you download the free one it is all there- but you need a key to unlock the more advanced versions. I found the Generations developers were great when there was a problem. I even sent them a corrupt file and they fixed it. The Legacy people are as good. They send out updates and they do not charge you for them like Broderbund constantly does with Family Tree maker. I own it but I do not use it at all, except as a CD viewer for some older CD's.

Just my four cents worth!

Karen