View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 10:06 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: January 2011 Progressive Scrap - Day 1 -

So sorry to hear about your tragic loss.... how painful that must have been, especially right before Christmas.

Hope you'll have your 'puter back and running in time to play along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskinsey View Post
Gee, I hope I get my 'puter back by tomorrow. My IT guy has had it since the middle of December, and it's driving me CRAZY! I'd really like to start participating in The Studio's challenges now that I FINALLY have connections to the Internet at home.

Unfortunately, I no sooner got connected to the 'net when my computer started acting up. Then, my only sister (and the last member of my immediate family) was killed in a car accident right before Christmas when an 18-wheeler made a sudden turn in front of them. I flew to Texas on Christmas Day, where it was FREEZING cold, for her memorial services and only got back to St. Croix late last night.

I hurt so badly for her family. "Lainie" was married for more than 42 years to a kind and loving man, they have two wonderful sons who married beautiful and brilliant young women, and altogether there are six gorgeous grandchildren. All of them, plus a host of friends, are missing her terribly. And I am numb ... I just don't get it ... why her ... to survive br**st cancer only to be killed by an incautious driver.