Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges > May 2012 Challenges

May 2012 Challenges Here you will find all our monthly challenges for May 2012. Try one, try two, try them all!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 04:55 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Recipe Card Challenge ~ May 2012

Recipe Card Challenge Gallery
Here are the instructions for this month's recipe card challenge/exchange:

1. Click HERE for this month's starter kit. The majority of your card(s) must be made with this kit to ensure all the cards “coordinate” with each other. Feel free to use additional CU items to enhance your cards (for example, brushes, actions, etc.). The starter kit will be free to those who used the prior month's starter kit to create and share at least one recipe card.

2. The general theme for this month's cards is your favorite "KID TESTED" recipes ~ the post below this one includes more information. Be creative and have fun with your cards! If you need a specific metal tag and don't have it from a previous kit, send me an e-mail and I'll make it for you.

3. Design your recipe card(s) however you'd like. Include your name, forum name ~ whatever you want ~ on the card.

4. Create your original card at 6" wide X 4" tall (1800 and 1200 pixels) and save it as a 300 ppi jpeg, quality between 8 to 10. These are the print-quality cards that will be shared with all participants. You will also need to resize your card at 72 ppi to post in the gallery.

WHEN FINISHED with your card(s), do the following 3 things:

1. E-mail your print-quality, 300 ppi recipe card to LetMeScrapbook@hotmail.com so it can be included in the download file at the end of the month. Do not share your print-quality card on your blogs or through any other means without my prior approval. Several participants have also asked for blank copies of the cards you design, so if you're willing to send me both (with and without the words), that would be great!

2. Upload a picture of your 72 ppi card to the Recipe Card Challenge Gallery. Please upload only your actual recipe card ~ not the blank cards. You may also post a copy of your 72 ppi (web version) on your blog if you’d like, and then include a link to the forum in case others are interested and want to participate.

3. Post a link here in this forum thread no later than May 31.

At the end of the month, all participants will receive a link to download all the cards created that month. Bon appétit!!

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 05-06-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:58 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: Recipe Card Challenge ~ May 2012

I frequently check the ideas and suggestions forum to decide on our monthly themes. I noticed several comments related to kids recipes -- so that's what we're doing this month. Think of recipes you loved as a child, or your children's/grandchildren's favorite foods. Do you have any family recipes you made when your kids were younger and now you'd like to pass those along, or something you love to have kids help you make?

As always, anything goes. "Kid tested" is our general theme, but if you can't think of a single thing in that broad category, never fear. You can still use the kit to come up with a recipe that inspires you! I can't wait to see what you come up with...

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SHARING YOUR CARDS:
As a general rule, I will share the print-quality version (300 ppi) of the cards you create for this challenge with the other participants; they are not to be given away/shared via a download link on your blogs or through any other means. Feel free to post a picture of the web version (72 ppi) of your card on your blog. If you want, you can also include a link to the forum so others can join in and participate. Please let me know if you have any questions about this explanation or my Terms Of Use (TOU) document.

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 05-08-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:56 AM
theStudio Scribbler

This is a great idea, but being this is my 2nd challenge, but first since I purchased the april kit, how do I get the May kit? Do I need to purchase that one too? It says if you participated in the past month, you get the current one free...is that right?
I'll wait to hear back from you. I realize this is only the 1st day of May and you need time to see who participated.
Hugz, Candie
Old 05-01-2012, 02:26 PM
theStudio Designer

Hi, Candie. I'll be sending you a coupon code for May's kit in the next day or two, so hang tight just a bit longer. I just got a whole bunch of April cards in, so I'm going through those this evening to get my final list put together of who needs the May code. Glad to see you back this month...

Quote:
Originally Posted by candiem View Post
This is a great idea, but being this is my 2nd challenge, but first since I purchased the april kit, how do I get the May kit? Do I need to purchase that one too? It says if you participated in the past month, you get the current one free...is that right?
I'll wait to hear back from you. I realize this is only the 1st day of May and you need time to see who participated.
Hugz, Candie

Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 AM
theStudio Monet

Fun Theme! I have a recipe my 30 year old kid has been bugging me to use in your challenge Now it will fit There is also another she was reminding me about. So now I need inspiration to put it on a card..... Hopefully that will happen before the month is out.

Last months kit was a blast to make my calendar out of
Old 05-04-2012, 06:15 AM
theStudio Scribbler

TY Maurine, I got the kit and I am so excited to get the recipe cards too. TY so much for your generosity and to all those who participate in this challenge.
Good luck with those cards, that is a job I don't envy you. LOL Wish I could HELP though.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:33 PM
theStudio Warhol

YAY!! I have 2 right off the bat to make a card for.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:12 AM
theStudio Artist

Ok, I'm thinking wayyyyyyyyyy back when, when my kids were kids and have come up with one recipe so far, lol Love this theme Maurine and the kit you are sharing for us to use!! I'm always excited to see what you have dreamed up for the next challenge. Think it is time to ask my grown kids what their favorite recipe was when they were growing up!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Chit Cat

This is just so cute. Love the idea. Been a long time since my kids were young. Even grandson is in Air Force. Have to think. Back soon. Rose
Old 05-01-2012, 09:48 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Ahh, this should be interesting. Yes, I can think of a couple of recipes off the top of my head, This is a really great idea! Good luck to everyone, I can't wait to see what everyone has to share! This is so much fun! :-)
Old 05-01-2012, 12:46 PM
theStudio Artist

Oh I have a few I can't wait to make! I love the kit...such cute papers and I love the colors!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:08 AM
theStudio Artist

Great idea! I think I can come up with a few! Although my kid wouldn't eat anything! Even the things we loved as kids!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:22 PM
theStudio Scrapper

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...and-gravy.html

That was so fun! Thanks!
Old 05-03-2012, 07:21 AM
theStudio Artist

What an adorable kit! Thank you Maureen! Will have to put on a thinking cap for this one. lol pigluvr
Old 05-04-2012, 07:01 AM
theStudio Artist

I have a question...can we share the recipe cards we create with your kit on our blog? I am talking about only the cards I create, on my blog. I will share this thread too if you would like that, might get more people involved...but no promises, LOL! Thanks
Old 05-04-2012, 04:50 PM
theStudio CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysScraps View Post
I have a question...can we share the recipe cards we create with your kit on our blog? I am talking about only the cards I create, on my blog. I will share this thread too if you would like that, might get more people involved...but no promises, LOL! Thanks
I'm pretty sure that Maurine will say "no" - the cards are shared only within the group who contributes and if you shared on your blog that would be a copyright infringment of the kit and her TOUs. We do get a fairly good turn out each month and I'm sure if you wanted to blog about it you could without offering the card.

Maurine please correct me if I'm wrong, but I wanted to make sure this got answered right away.

http://atimeforscraps.blogspot.com/
Old 05-03-2012, 04:56 PM
theStudio Scribbler

I just finished uploading a recipe card for APPLESAUCE-SPICE COOKIES at my blog. You can snag it there.
You can preview it in the forum
Thanks Maurine for this awesome kit and challenge. I LOVE IT! :-)
Old 05-03-2012, 10:36 PM
theStudio Scribbler

I'm back with another recipe to share, you can snag these Chocolate Chip Cookies at my blog.
Here's the link for the FORUM to preview my card.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:54 PM
theStudio CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by candiem View Post
I'm back with another recipe to share, you can snag these Chocolate Chip Cookies at my blog.
Here's the link for the FORUM to preview my card.
The previews should be posted in the gallery and then linked in the forum. You SHOULD NOT be offering the cards free on your blog. The cards are mailed to Maurine and then she mails a link out to all the participants with the cards she has collected. By offering as a freebie on yor blog you are making a copy right infrigment on her TOUs.
Once again, Maurine, just trying to pop in and answer quickly before this gets out of hand. This has been the rules of the challenge all along.

http://atimeforscraps.blogspot.com/
Old 05-04-2012, 02:44 PM
theStudio Artist

Here's mine: http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...hine-slaw.html
Closed Thread