Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 06-17-2012, 12:06 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Let Me Scrapbook-Recipe starter kits

I've been looking at those kits this morning. That is such a neat idea! Do you make & print the cards as 4x6? And the papers are designed as 4x6 also? I was thinking what a neat wedding gift idea this would be.
I already have two hybrid albums for baby boy & girl gifts but nothing for a wedding, so I was thinking this could be a neat wedding album idea.
Does anyone scrap these for an 8x8 page? I'm wondering aloud at how I could use these.
Thanks, Rhod
Old 06-17-2012, 12:25 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: Let Me Scrapbook-Recipe starter kits

I just bought the 2010 & 2011 starter kits. I don't have any weddings in the future so that should give me time to put something together.
Next summer 2013 is my year to host the family reunion and we always give away door prizes so I'm thinking that this might be a good door prize idea too!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:35 AM
theStudio Warhol

Location: I live in Lynnwood, WA, which is just north of Seattle.

I've started making an 8x8 recipe book with the chocolate recipe cards we made a few months back. I've been taking the 4x6 cards that were sent to participants and placing them on an 8x8 background, adding a few elements if "necessary" to the background and putting them into a book on Blurb. When I finish, I'll have a chocolate recipe book that I'm going to give away as Christmas gifts.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:18 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Just to add in here... Maurine, I've used your elements on a 12X14 Party Invitation/Poster I made for our Family BBQ last year, and, honestly, I jumbo-size my elements ( lol ) and they printed out fine when enlarged, so they really are great quality and can be sized up to fit your needs!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:59 AM
theStudio Designer

Good questions, Rhoda, and thanks for your reply, Robin. I'll add a little more here.

The kits are all designed with 4" x 6" papers, with the elements sized accordingly to fit the paper size. Using the elements on a much bigger page (for example, 12" x 12"), probably wouldn't work well by themselves. However, if the finished 4" x 6" recipe card was used on the bigger page in place of a "traditional" photo, and then you added other journaling along with some of the elements to finish your layout, the pages would look really cute. As Robin said, I think 8" x 8" is a perfect size for this idea. I also have another new participant, Candie, who is creating these as 8" x 10" pages.

I have printed off plenty of my recipe cards in the 4" x 6" size for bridal shower gifts, and they are always a huge hit! And the blank cards that many of the participants also send to me are perfect for greeting cards -- I've used lots of those as well.

Hope this helps answer your questions. If you have others about sharing the 4" x 6" cards themselves or other TOU issues, please let me know. I'd love to have you join in the monthly challenge.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:42 PM
theStudio Monet

I love these Cute Recipe Kits! Not only do they make wonderful recipe cards, but work wonderfully on 8.5 x 11 Calendars! There are many ways to come up with the background on the larger calendar. I also scrap in 8x8 (2400x 2400 right from the start) and use these kits for that. The element size has never been a problem, but then I am a multi-photo memory page maker. The 4x6 papers can be combined and arranged to make the 8x8 background in a blocking style. When I remember I have these kits they are the go to kit for my Grand Baby pages.
Thinking about getting the August 2011 recipe kit for all the photos I took on Fathers Day of our little family BBQ.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:01 PM
theStudio Artist

Thanks for the replies! I got everything downloaded but haven't had time to unzip the kits yet. I can't wait to match a kit to my daddy's barbeque & my mom's hot roll recipes!