Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Events > Archived Events > Christmas in July > Christmas Hybrid Challenge

Christmas Hybrid Challenge Love hybrid? Join Manda, Nibbles Skribbles for this challenge!

Old 07-22-2012, 05:13 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Make a Christmas Notebook Organizer!

My weekend got busy, so I haven't finished mine! But, it's started and I can get you started too!

Here's the deal!

Welcome to our Christmas Notebook Hybrid project! This project is PERFECT for hybridi-ers of all levels! If you're a super beginner, just print the 1 page file and add it to your notebook, intermediate and advanced hybrid-ers can design their own elements and get even more creative!

This challenge is just for fun! I can't wait to see what you create!

We are converting a standard, plain notebook into something useful throughout the holiday season! The printable and instructions work around what I find works best for me - but feel free to adjust to your own needs!

Supplies:

A notebook (Any notebook will work, I personally like a half size, 2-subject notebook that will fit in my purse. The extra pockets in the 2-subject work nicely!)

A printer

The printable or a Christmas/Holiday themed Digital Scrapbook Kit (which are all 50% off through July 31 here at theStudio)

Adhesive, Scissors

Optional: Manilla envelopes that fit in your notebook, or any envelope to help organize miscellaneous items, additional crafty bits to further customize your notebook!

Instructions:

Design your own (or print my) cover. To do this, measure your cover and create a new document sized to fit! Be sure to account for things like the binding or spirals on your notebook. My cover is a simply 4" square that is in the lower corner. It covers the writing on the front of my notebook but still looks cute!

Design or print 'tabs' to organize your notebook into sections. My sections include: To Do, Shopping, Cards and Baking - I find everything I need fits into one of these categories! (My printable includes 2 blank tabs, so you can customize to your liking. Font is Century Gothic)

Design or print labels for your envelopes.

Once you have all of your designing and printing done, we can assemble our notebooks.

Adhere an envelope inside the front and back covers of your notebook. I used manilla envelopes the same size as my notebook. These are to help keep coupons and receipts organized!

Adhere your cover design to the front of your notebook. I find going around the edges with packing tape helps keep it attached as you haul it around!

Fold the tabs in half and adhere them throughout the notebook. Allow for a good amount of pages for each section. I leave the most in "to do" and "shopping" as the other categories don't seem to require as many pages!

Adhere a smaller envelope to the first page of your cards section, this is a great place to stick the address labels from cards you get in the mail so you can update your address book after the holidays are over!

Add any additional elements and you're done! Here's a shot of my cover, I'm not finished with the entire thing yet, but I'll share when I am!

I can't wait to see what you come up with! I'll have some more detailed images by tomorrow afternoon if you still need help!

And here's your freebie: A printable jpg with my design ready for you to use and the cover image is saved as a png for you to use in other ways if you want too!

Thanks for looking! Find more Nibbles Skribbles:

Old 07-22-2012, 07:02 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: Make a Christmas Notebook Organizer!

Mine needs work and I ran out of printer ink! I'll have to get really creative! I'm working on it now!

Old 07-23-2012, 11:20 AM
theStudio Designer

Here's my finished notebook:

Old 07-23-2012, 12:31 PM
theStudio Artist

What a cute project! I'll need to look for a notebook to start with.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:45 AM
theStudio Designer

I can't wait to see what you do!

I love having mine, it's a great place to jot down gift ideas, plan your Christmas events, keep track of gifts to buy and those you've bought, plan out your cards, holiday baking and then after the craziness of the holiday season is over, it's a great place to look back and remember things for scrapping later!