Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 10-10-2012, 02:42 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Any Musicians?

I'm so excited I have to brag, I grew up playing the fiddle and now my son, who's 10, has taken an interest and thankfully his school has Strings so he will be learning and playing the violin - Oh believe me I'll be teaching him some fiddling! I wish I had kept it up and started teaching him myself over the years but alas I haven't played in over 10 years so I'm quite a bit rusty myself. Since my High School didn't have Strings, I spun a rifle in the color guard, hmmm maybe I need to go digging for those pics to scrap!

So anyone else play an instrument or sing? Someone in the house who does?
Old 10-10-2012, 03:08 PM
theStudio CT

Default Re: Any Musicians?

Oooh, I think it is so special when people play the violin. It looks so hard to do!
I'm affraid I didn't grow up with music at all, my mother didn't feel for music and she couldn't afford to have us learn to play an instrument. Later in life I did learn myself to play a tiny bit of piano and when I met my hubby I learned to play a few tunes on the gitar. Hubby does play the gitar a bit.

For me, I'll listen to other people play instruments. We can't afford music lessons, they are really expensive, but we do try to teach our kids about all different kinds of music and my girls both have music lessons at school.

I hope your son will do well in his lessons and I hope he will enjoy it lots!!

Creative for
The Studio, Ambowife Designs, BooLand Designs, Lara's Digiworld, Sarah Barber Designs, Feli Designs, Berna Datema, Joelle Designs, Cryztal Rain, Crowabout StudioB, Marta van Eck, Aneczka Designs,Studio Manu, Misker Whiskers

I'm proud to be a
Old 10-16-2012, 02:50 AM
theStudio Designer

My dad is a musician, so of course i had to marry a musician right? lol. My dad was a traveling gigging musician which I hated as a child, but my hubby is not - he works in IT and music is his hobby. He is really talented at it and sometimes I feel bad it's not is career, but I am thankful he isn't on the road.

My dad is aging, and I get to hear him perform less and less. He really is talented - brilliant at it. He just lacked marketing skills or he would be world famous. He sings blues and rock and has a rich deep voice and plays piano and guitar and harmonica. He started playing when he was 3. It's totally who he is.

I like to sing but I am too scared to do it around people. My kids both sing well, too, but I don't know how to help them be more confident about it when I am not. They both show on and off interest in the guitar, which is hubby's instrument, but they don't want lessons or anything - not yet at least!

Old 10-16-2012, 01:50 PM
theStudio Monet

I love music all of it.I have had some ask me what my username means,I am a dance instructor(clogging).I also play the fiddle and what I play is definately fiddling.My hubby plays the banjo(claw hammer style)We have a band and play at all the fiddlers convention in and around the area.I recently bought an Orthey autoharp and am in the process of learning to play it. I love it.
We have taught for years in the Sparta,NC school system in a program JAM (Junior Appalachian Musicians)Students grades 3-7 learn to play a stringed instrument(fiddle,banjo,guitar,mandelin and bass.All the instruments are donated by local and area musicians so any child that wants to can learn to play.I taught the group to clog until I had total knee replacment 3 years ago.These kids turn out to be super musicians and dancers.Where I live nearly everyone plays something.It's a way of life here in the Appalachian Mountains.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:25 AM
theStudio Designer

I'm not but my boyfriend is. He plays guitar and has been in several bands over the years. In fact when we were in High School he was the epitome of the rocker wannabe He wore ripped jeans and had long, floppy "eighties hair band" hair ROFL. Was too cute. But I have never been very good at music, lol. When I was a kid I played French Horn in Middle School but back then you could either be in Music or Art not both, so after two years I decided to stick with art

I wish I could play, though. Or sing. But instead I just enjoy music and collect vinyl.

Aimee Harrison
Blog | Store | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter | Scrap Blog