Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges > 365 Synergy Challenge & Forum

365 Synergy Challenge & Forum What is 365 Synergy?
syn·er·gy (s n r-j )n. pl. syn·er·gies: The interaction of two or more agents or forces so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects.

Each month there is a new kit. Each month there is a new technique to learn. Each month there are pieces of the project completed. Together we can and will create something beautiful and long lasting with 365 Synergy.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:52 AM
theStudio Designer

Location: I live in a sweet small seaside town called Southport in the uk.
Default 365 Synergy - January

What is 365 Synergy?

syn•er•gy
(s n r-j )n. pl. syn•er•gies
1. The interaction of two or more agents or forces so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects.

Welcome to 365 Synergy. This isn’t your normal 365 challenge.

Instead of a photo a day or a page a week 365 Synergy is all about completing your personal scrapbooking goals. Your goal may be to take a photo a day or to get through the old shoe box of great-grandma’s vintage photos. Maybe you just want to finally get the digital photos from 3 years ago out of your pictures folder and made into something you can leave as a legacy.

My goal is to help you reach your goal. Whether you want to complete an album for print or online viewing I’m going to give you some tools and prompts to help you finish your project.

Each month I’ll offer a new kit in the 365 Synergy Series. Each kit will be a little different but they are designed to complement each other and your projects. I personally like printed albums so you will also see some new “ready to print” albums appearing mid-month.

The first step in completing your project is to identify your goal.
  • Tell us what project you want to complete.
  • Write it down – or type it down LOL and make it happen.

We’re here to cheer you on, offer some great ideas and perhaps even help you master a few new skills. We want to have fun and we want you to end with a project you can’t wait to share with friends or family.

To get started, post your goals here in this thread. When you complete a page post it in the 365 Synergy Challenge Gallery here.

The rules are simple. You can use any kit you choose. If you want to use the monthly 365 Synergy you can find it here.

You can find my monthly Photo book templates Annum Imaginum (A Year of Photos)here.

Last edited by boo.6204; 02-14-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:39 AM
theStudio Warhol

Default Re: 365 Synergy - January

This sounds so exciting! I cant wait!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:22 AM
theStudio Warhol

Now i'm confused.
Does this mean that i can make a project without any requirements at all ?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:34 AM
theStudio Picasso

I´m with soshanna: "what shall we do???" - Do you come in with special instructions or should we start creating pages of life?!? Please help a littel bit...
Old 01-19-2013, 10:55 AM
theStudio CT

I'm confused too!

Old 01-19-2013, 11:20 AM
theStudio Picasso

Loooool.... so happy we´re not alone....let´s wait and see...
Old 01-19-2013, 11:32 AM
theStudio CT

Well I think the idea is that you think of your goal which will broadly be a project of life whether its the 365,52 or whatever of as the examples state you might be wanting to push yourself to finish a heritage book etc I really think its open ended or that was my reading of it.

I have started a project life theme for this year, I am doing double page spreads sometimes in the specific project life type format and sometimes in the layout style page- I have just started a hybrid one too, that will be the one I will need the encouragement and ideas for.
I have already decided for myself that I am going to be flexible it doesnot have to be a two page spread every week just going with the flow. My target will be complete IF at the end of the year I have a hands on copy .
This is my week 3 first page
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-side-one.html
I think I am going to start an album in the gallery for putting them in
Old 01-19-2013, 11:57 AM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceefl0wer View Post
Well I think the idea is that you think of your goal which will broadly be a project of life whether its the 365,52 or whatever of as the examples state you might be wanting to push yourself to finish a heritage book etc I really think its open ended or that was my reading of it.

I have started a project life theme for this year, I am doing double page spreads sometimes in the specific project life type format and sometimes in the layout style page- I have just started a hybrid one too, that will be the one I will need the encouragement and ideas for.
I have already decided for myself that I am going to be flexible it doesnot have to be a two page spread every week just going with the flow. My target will be complete IF at the end of the year I have a hands on copy .
This is my week 3 first page
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-side-one.html
I think I am going to start an album in the gallery for putting them in
Wonderful explanation hun and I love your layout. Great start to the project.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:54 AM
theStudio Designer

Great questions ladies. My sincere apologies for not making this clear to start with. I was so excited to get going on this I totally forgot to add the really important stuff, like how and what lol.

Please bear with me while I get this together for you. It will be here by tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'd love to hear from you what exactly you hope to get out of doing a 365/52 project and if there are any issues you've faced in the past when trying to start one.

Post your questions and thoughts here and we will do our best to help.

We are so looking forward to sharing our project ideas and thoughts.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:53 PM
theStudio CT

Thanks Boo.
I think one of the issues for me when I tried in 2011 to do a 365 was the stringent a photo a day, I am not the sort to take a photo just so I have one a day. so this year for me personally I am just going to do weekly project of life pages. I have been looking at the hybrid project of life which seems to involve an awful lot of expense for the folder pages to slot in and cards for journaling. I have rejected that approach and gone for the cheap method.
I do intend to do journaling cards and photos for it but will have to think out of the box. Also I have a HUGE stash digitally which includes all kinds of journaling cards or the potential to do them so I intend using those
Old 01-19-2013, 01:42 PM
theStudio Picasso

My great resolution is to do my project life book 2013 near by the time, also week by week... also starting them posting at another board *smile* - so I´ve to think about of doing a second project OR to do more pages for it...
Old 01-19-2013, 02:14 PM
theStudio Picasso

Uh...i jump in again... I have a great idea for a new project: recipes... there are many favorite meals in our family and I could take more pics of our "food" and write the recipes, so I can give such a book to my children when they are going to have an own home and / or family

Yeah, I think that would be great, what do you mean?
Dear boo... can you put some "food" in your next month releases... that would be wonderful!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:34 PM
theStudio Artist

Can't wait to start this I think I will do week by week
Old 01-19-2013, 05:52 PM
theStudio Warhol

My current project is my son's 2nd year book which is half finished. And i also work on his 3rd year album simultaneously. Maybe that's why his 2nd year album is not finished yet, i'm not focused.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:03 PM
theStudio Designer

Hey folks,
I posted the challenge portion of the rules in the top post so go take a look at that. I LOVE these ideas coming through. Keep them coming ladies, its just what we need to get the project off the ground.

I agree the photo a day also puts me off. I forget my camera all the time or I take so many photos I don't know which one to make the photo of the day lol.

I adore the recipe idea and think how great that would look in a photo book. What a wonderful gift that would make.

Super ideas girls

ps, LOL, just saw the bit about putting food into the next kit haha. Can't promise you that but I'll certainly think about it for a future month OR find one of my lovely colleges who has a foody style kit for sale that you could use??

Old 01-20-2013, 04:57 AM
theStudio CT

* This month we will be focusing on choosing our project subject, choosing our theme and completing a double page

.Well I think I can commit to this and I think it will fit in with my Project of Life, so
My project subject is Project Life 2013,my project thesme is Seen through my eyes and felt in my heart and my double page will take me a while to do so I might not have it completed until 31st Jan.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:46 AM
theStudio Monet

I am going to give this a try, but mine will be a monthly project.
We have finally gotten a diagnosis on our grandson of SID (sensory integration disorder), and are starting his therapy. I hope to document how he progresses thru this year!

[/CENTER]
Old 01-20-2013, 09:17 AM
theStudio Designer

Wonderful project ideas ladies and I look forward to seeing them all unfold. I think mine this year is going to a monthly one too and the theme will be my lovely new garden. Lets see how well I manage this lol

Old 01-20-2013, 10:06 AM
theStudio Warhol

My Project Subject is The Girls (Our Nubian Goats) My theme is going to be Life on the Farm and Im so excited to be doing this!! Mine will also be a monthly project...I tried Jan 1st to do the photo a day thingy and I think by the 3rd I had already forgotten to take a picture! Gonna get started on my 2 page spread now!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:46 PM
theStudio Monet

[/CENTER]