Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges > March 2013 Challenges

March 2013 Challenges Here you will find all our monthly challenges for March 2013. Try one, try two, try them all!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 09:41 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Recipe Card Challenge ~ March 2013

Recipe Card Challenge Gallery
Here are the instructions for this month's recipe card challenge/exchange:

1. Click HERE for this month's recipe card challenge kit. The majority of your card(s) must be made with this kit, although you can also use other CU items to enhance your cards (for example, brushes, actions, etc.). NOTE: A coupon code will be provided to those who used the prior month's kit to create and share at least one recipe card in the previous month’s challenge.

2. The general theme for this month's cards is your favorite recipe with 5 ingredients or less ~ the post below this one includes more information. Be creative and have fun designing your cards!

3. Create your recipe card(s) at 6" wide x 4" tall (1800 and 1200 pixels), 300 ppi resolution. These are the print-quality cards that will be shared with all participants. When finished, save as a jpeg file with quality between 8-10. Carefully proofread and make needed changes before finalizing.

4. You will also need to resize and save your card(s) at 72 ppi to post in the gallery.

WHEN FINISHED with your card(s), you must do the following 3 things:

1. E-mail your print-quality, 300 ppi recipe card to LetMeScrapbook@hotmail.com so it can be included in the download file at the end of the month. Do not share your print-quality card on your blogs or through any other means without my prior approval. Several participants have also asked for blank copies of the cards you design, so if you're willing to send me both (with and without the words), that would be great!

2. Upload a picture of your 72 ppi card to the Recipe Card Challenge Gallery. Please upload only your actual recipe card ~ not the blank cards. You may also post a copy of your 72 ppi (web version) on your blog if you’d like, and then include a link to the forum in case others are interested and want to participate.

3. Post a message here in this forum thread with a link to your gallery card no later than March 31.

At the end of the month, all participants will receive a link to download all the cards created that month. Bon appétit!!

NOTE: A checklist of instructions is included in the store kit for your convenience.

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 03-06-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:49 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: Recipe Card Challenge ~ March 2013

Dear friends: I wanted to let you know why I haven't posted this month's challenge yet. Our sweet 16-year-old neighbor passed away last Sunday; I've known him and his family since he was 3 months old. In addition to the sadness we're all feeling, I've also had many opportunities this week to serve this amazing family due to my church responsibilities -- and that has been my main priority and focus. The funeral and family luncheon is tomorrow, and then I will shift gears and finalize the kit for March's challenge.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience -- I promise to be back here just as soon as I can...

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 03-03-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:49 PM
theStudio Designer

I’ve had this color palette in mind for a full-size kit for a long time and decided to give it a “test run” for this month’s challenge. I hope you like it as much as I do! I’ve also been trying some simple recipes with just a few ingredients, so that’s the inspiration for this month’s challenge – 5 ingredients or less. This can be for any type of recipe: appetizer, drink, dessert, side or main dish, salad, bread, etc. I can’t wait to see what ideas you have to share and the cute cards you make!

February participants: Due to my personal situation this month, I’ll send you an e-mail with a coupon code for this month’s kit no later than March 7.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SHARING YOUR CARDS:
As a general rule, I will share the print-quality version (300 ppi) of the cards you create for this challenge with the other participants; they are not to be given away/shared via a download link on your blogs or through any other means. Feel free to post a picture of the web version (72 ppi) of your card on your blog. If you want, you can also include a link to the forum so others can join in and participate. Please let me know if you have any questions about this explanation or my Terms Of Use (TOU) document.

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 03-06-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:03 PM
theStudio Artist

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Maurine, as well as those in your neighborhood on this loss. God bless and comfort you all.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:54 AM
theStudio Monet

Sorry for your loose. Prayers for you and the family.
Thanks for stopping by the Gallery and Here. We can wait for you to Bless others.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:00 AM
theStudio Scribbler

I'm so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you all.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:29 AM
theStudio Monet

Oh, that's hard. Bless you all!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:47 AM
theStudio Warhol

Praying you and the so hurting family will be comforted by the loving presence of the Lord.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:01 PM
theStudio Artist

Recipes certainly can wait. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family during this terrible time. Peace to you.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:26 PM
theStudio Artist

Whenever a child dies it is so very, very devastating. My heart and prayers are with you and your neighbours.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:32 PM
theStudio Warhol

Maurine, your first responsibility, of course, is to the family. It hurts so when the young are taken from us.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:48 PM
theStudio Artist

You are doing a good thing helping that family, your recipe "family" can wait. I will pray for the families affected by this tragedy.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:12 PM
theStudio Artist

This is very sad... It is really good of you to help them now. I wish you and them lots of strength.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:52 PM
theStudio Artist

So sorry for your loss and the loss of a life so young. Prayers being said.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:58 PM
theStudio Picasso

Sorry to hear of your neighbor's loss of a son, but your first responsibility as you know is to that family and your calling. Prayers are with you.

Stand for something.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:42 PM
theStudio Warhol

So sad when the young ones pass away. It's just not the natural order of things. I can't imagine the grief his parents must be feeling. I'm very glad that you can help them through this tough time. Scrapping is much less important. Prayers for all of you.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:59 PM
theStudio Monet

Maurine, prayers are with you and the family. I can't imagine losing a child. Bless you for your kindness toward them.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:23 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Maurine, so sorry to hear about the family and their loss. Thank you for letting us know. You all will be in my prayers.

Kathy
Old 03-05-2013, 01:20 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Maurine,
am so very sorry to hear of your neighbor's loss...and I am sure he was pretty much like an ADOPTED son to you as well. I know he would be to me.
There are no words that can take away the loss or pain, but I want you to know I will be thinking of you and the family, our prayers are with you all.

YES, you do what you need to do to help this family get through this. They are blessed to have you in their lives at this time.

We [this group] can wait, we are NOT your top priority at this time. Thank you for sharing this with us. Take care and if there is ANYTHING I can do to help you or for you, just say the word.

See you when you get back.
May God Bless you and the families of the boy who has passed.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 PM
theStudio Picasso

What a terrible, sad loss. May he rest in peace. He and his family and yours, as well, will be in my prayers. It's good that you are helping to provide support for them. God bless you all.