Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges > April 2013 Challenges

April 2013 Challenges Here you will find all our monthly challenges for April 2013. Try one, try two, try them all!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 09:48 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Recipe Card Challenge ~ April 2013

Recipe Card Challenge Gallery

Post your ideas and suggestions for future challenges here

Here are the instructions for this month's recipe card challenge/exchange:

1. Click HERE for this month's recipe card challenge kit. The majority of your card(s) must be made with this kit, although you can also use other CU items to enhance your cards (for example, brushes, actions, etc.). NOTE: A coupon code will be provided to those who used the prior month's kit to create and share at least one recipe card in the previous month’s challenge.

2. The general theme for this month's cards is your favorite “recipe” for homemade cleaning items or other products ~ the post below this one includes more information. Be creative and have fun designing your cards!

3. Create your recipe card(s) at 6" wide x 4" tall (1800 and 1200 pixels), 300 ppi resolution. These are the print-quality cards that will be shared with all participants. When finished, save as a jpeg file with quality between 8-10. Carefully proofread and make needed changes before finalizing.

4. You will also need to resize and save your card(s) at 72 ppi to post in the gallery.

WHEN FINISHED with your card(s), you must do the following 3 things:

1. E-mail your print-quality, 300 ppi recipe card to LetMeScrapbook@hotmail.com so it can be included in the download file at the end of the month. Do not share your print-quality card on your blogs or through any other means without my prior approval. Several participants have also asked for blank copies of the cards you design, so if you're willing to send me both (with and without the words), that would be great!

2. Upload a picture of your 72 ppi card to the Recipe Card Challenge Gallery. Please upload only your actual recipe card ~ not the blank cards. You may also post a copy of your 72 ppi (web version) on your blog if you’d like, and then include a link to the forum in case others are interested and want to participate.

3. Post a message here in this forum thread with a link to your gallery card no later than April 30.

At the end of the month, all participants will receive a link to download all the cards created that month. Bon appétit!!

NOTE: A checklist of instructions is included in the store kit for your convenience.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:48 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: Recipe Card Challenge ~ April 2013

NOTE: I’ve included a link at the top of my first post above where you can share your ideas and suggestions for future month’s challenges.

Hi, friends. We’re going to do something different this month – hope you’re game to play along! I got an e-mail message from Joy last month suggesting a couple of future themes; one of them was to share household hints or homemade products. She has a recipe for homemade laundry soap that she’s been using for almost a year with good results. The timing for this theme is perfect – at least from my perspective – because my daughter just bought her first house on a “short sale” and we’re spending a lot of time cleaning it from floor to ceiling before we paint and carpet. That, along with “spring cleaning” needing to be done in my own house, sealed the deal. I also really liked the recipe idea Kathy shared last month for Ultimate Body Cream. All those things combined have made me really excited to see what you come up with.

For this month’s challenge, let’s focus on homemade cleaning products, personal care items, household tips, cleaning checklists – whatever you’d like to go along with this theme. And if all else fails and you can’t think of anything, then create a card for your favorite thing to eat when all the cleaning is done! : )

March participants: I’ll send you an e-mail with a coupon code for this month’s kit no later than April 6. If you haven’t sent me your March cards, please do so as soon as possible.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SHARING YOUR CARDS:
As a general rule, I will share the print-quality version (300 ppi) of the cards you create for this challenge with the other participants; they are not to be given away/shared via a download link on your blogs or through any other means. Feel free to post a picture of the web version (72 ppi) of your card on your blog. If you want, you can also include a link to the forum so others can join in and participate. Please let me know if you have any questions about this explanation or my Terms Of Use (TOU) document.

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 04-05-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:27 AM
theStudio Artist

Count me in ... I am loving all these great recipes!

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...s-cleaner.html
Old 04-06-2013, 02:35 AM
theStudio Picasso

This kit is adorable. I love it!!! I need all the help I can get so I can't wait to see the cards.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:45 PM
theStudio Artist

I have my recipe....just need the artwork! The kit looks darling!
Joy
Old 04-06-2013, 03:46 PM
theStudio Artist

I love this idea! I am looking forward to the cleaning lists, tips and other ideas from everyone! I have a recipe book I made that is full of my homemade cleaners, I made it for a ward activity to teach others to make their own.
Debi
Old 04-06-2013, 06:06 PM
theStudio Scribbler

AWESOME theme this month Maureen! Can't wait to see what everyone does! Lots of great ideas out there for sure!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:16 PM
theStudio QC CT

Great idea Maurine! Pinterest can be a huge help to any of you out there who do not have a recipe.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:39 PM
theStudio Artist

Awesome...I have a few to share for this. I love these kinds of recipes because they are "green." Thanks!

Old 04-06-2013, 07:52 PM
theStudio Picasso

This is going to be fun! And I just love the kit. It's so cute with all those little helpers! It will make the challenge even MORE fun! Thanks, Maurine.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:39 PM
theStudio QC CT

Fabulous idea!! And, as always, just love the kit!!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:24 PM
theStudio CT

Ohhhh..... I just saw a recipe for homemade kids paint - it's really the anti-cleaning recipe

http://atimeforscraps.blogspot.com/
Old 04-06-2013, 10:00 PM
theStudio Artist

I found this "recipe" on Pinterest. You can use whatever fabric softener you like. It costs about $.20 per bottle. Not only does it make your house smell good, it also saves you money.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:13 AM
theStudio Warhol

Default Faux Windex

Here's Mine for Faux Windex
Old 04-07-2013, 05:12 PM
theStudio Artist

I ran out of Dawn Direct yesterday and town is 25 minutes away from my house. Once again I turned to Pinterest for my recipe. I tried it out and it works pretty well . . . and much cheaper than the "real stuff".

Old 04-07-2013, 05:32 PM
theStudio Picasso

This is for after all that hard cleaning you are doing.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...card-0413.html

I Proudly CT for Ponytails Designs, Double Trouble Scraps, KapiScrap & Art, Leaving A Legacy Designs, Queen Bee Scraps, Arizona Girl, Scrappiness Designs and Winsor Digi Designs.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:56 PM
theStudio Designer

Oh, my goodness -- I was afraid this theme would scare people off! I'm happy to see I was wrong! I love all of the cards posted already -- what great ideas and potential money-savers! So excited to see what the rest of the month brings! : )

Old 04-07-2013, 07:02 PM
theStudio Warhol

OMG wonderful thinking out of the box ideal!!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:19 PM
theStudio CT

Here's mine for April, hopefully without any misspellings!

Old 04-07-2013, 08:27 PM
theStudio Picasso

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...emover_web.jpg
Closed Thread