Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > In Search Of (ISO)...

In Search Of (ISO)... for scrappers & designers alike! Are you looking for a certain something in a kit? A color? A theme? Maybe a CU item? Ask for it here.

Maybe you are looking for help on your CT? Or looking for a Designer needing a CT? Ask for it here. If you need it, here's the place to ask.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:02 AM
theStudio Monet

Default I Need an Adult FriendlyTravel Kit

This is probably more of a challenge to the designers than an ISO. You see, I've gone though all the travel/vacation kits in the shop, and none of them are exactly what I need or want. So let me give some background of what I'm looking for.

My husband and I are empty nesters; our kids are grown and gone. We don't do a lot of traveling, but do some, especially short trips.
  • We drive in our SUV and stay in motels/hotels.
  • We do not camp or own a camper, tent, RV, etc.
  • We have no rug rats hollering from the back seat "Are we there yet?" Adult oriented, please.
  • We do like to visit museums, nature centers, state and national parks, take scenic drives and stop at out-of-the-way places.
  • We've been to the beach but I have all the beach kits I can use.
  • I would especially like a kit with modern trains, as I've taken a couple of trips on Amtrak. Modern train kits are nearly impossible to find.
  • I don't need anything to do with foreign travel such as passports, planes, etc. We're still seeing the USA in our Ford (sorry Chevy).
  • Colors should be warm— greens. blues, yellows with some pops of bright colors.
  • I like realistic style kits. Drawn elements OK, but not cartoonish.

Here's hoping that someone might be interested or inspired to make a kit that will let me scrap all those photos that I need to scrap. Thanks in advance.

[I edited to make it a little clearer since DH was in a hurry to leave when I first wrote the post.]
Old 07-01-2013, 01:07 PM
theStudio Monet

Default Re: I Need an Adult FriendlyTravel Kit

It's been three weeks. No response. I've found some other kits that I can make work.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:43 PM
theStudio Monet

This sounds like a fun challenge for the designers!

I have seen a few kits that could be adapted. One of them is Summer Travels by Studio4 Designworks. No train, but lots of other great elements that are great for travels!

[/CENTER]
Old 07-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Chit Cat

I like this idea. My husband and I are in the same trap. We love car trips and we love to travel by train. It would be a great kit to have. I always end up using bits and parts of several kits, recoloring as I scrap. Hope one shows up that fits.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:40 AM
theStudio Picasso

I hear you, Linda... My DH and I are empty-nesters and travel by car and stay in motels, too. I would love an adult-oriented kit for travel. Don't want or need cartoonish style either. Hope some one can come up with a nice kit along these lines, too.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:02 PM
theStudio Picasso

An idea - if you have photos of trains you've traveled on, you can use it as the background: play with it and you'll be surprised. Same with the others things you're looking for: the museums, parks, etc. This is until someone designs what you all are looking for.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:19 AM
theStudio Party Girl

This is a very interesting request! I will definitely pass it on to the design team. Unfortunately, right now during Summer Break, we have a lot of designers out and about on vacations and what not and it's been very quiet! Summer months tend to be the slow season for scrapping because everyone is out there making memories to scrap! But I will bring it to their attention where I know they will see it! Thanks for the request and ideas, Linda!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:36 AM
theStudio Designer

I should have posted here before. I've contacted this customer, and Jill (Jilbert) and I have started on this for our Featured Designer Collab next month. That doesn't mean anyone else can't do the same, but just FYI.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:00 PM
theStudio Designer

Hello Linda,

I have this, maybe can fit Take a Trip

Personal Use Store · Commercial Use Store · Blog · Newsletter · Facebook · Pinterest · Twitter · Google+

2007 - 2014 eqrAveziur graphic & design. All rights reserved.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:07 PM
theStudio Monet

Thank you Karen, Snickerdoodle Designs, for making the kit, Scenic Route to fill my request. It is a very versatile kit, and I am slowing working on all those photos that have been begging to be scrapped. Thanks for gifting me with the kit. It will be well used. Thanks everyone else for your suggestions and of course Kimberly for carrying the message.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:21 PM
theStudio CT

Well, thank you, Linda, for the suggestion, because now we have a fabulous travel kit to play with!!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:41 AM
Chit Cat

I love this kit. I have a lot of photos to scrap from a trip we took to the National Parks in and around Utah. This is just perfect. Thank you Snickerdoodle Designs for an other fantastic kit.