Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Challenges and Contests > ------Extreme SAS Makeover

------Extreme SAS Makeover SAS is getting a new look & feel! And you, our fabulous scrappers, are invited to help give us an Extreme SAS Makeover. Look here for Contests, Prizes & fun all in the month of May.

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 09:33 PM
theStudio Owner

Default SIGN-UPS: Round#3 Create-A-Blinkie

Anyone not contested out, or waiting for just this one LOL, is welcome to sign-up for the Create-A-Blinkie contest!

Participants all receive a tagger-size Extreme SAS Makeover kit. You may create either a 150X50 blinkie or 486X50 banner. You many create as may as you'd like :p

The winner will get a spot on the SAS CT team as the official blinkie maker... and all the goodies that entails. The runner-ups will get $10 or a $5 gift certificate to the store.

More details next Friday! Sign-ups close midnight EST on Thursday May 21.

Smooches!

Toiny

my email

Last edited by kimberkatt; 05-16-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:37 PM
theStudio Designer

Wow if you love making Blinkies or Banners this is the one for you!! Woo hoo how much fun this one is going to be

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer~Creative Team and QC Liason

Old 05-14-2009, 10:39 PM
theStudio Artist

Sounds like another great fun.

I'll think about it, but now I'm excited about the 2nd contest. Anyway, there's plenty of time since today is just the 15th.

My Blog..........My Gallery..........My Store

Old 05-14-2009, 11:34 PM
Designer Contestant 2009

I'll be jumping on this train too......
It has been some time since I made a blinkie, so its good to have a reason to refresh the memory.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:14 AM
theStudio Monet

I will give this a try too!!! Sign me up!!! Do we use the number you gave us for round #1???

My Blog
Old 05-15-2009, 05:14 PM
SAS-y Pebble

Sign me up too.I've only made one blinkie in my life. Hope I remember what I did:p
Old 05-16-2009, 02:01 PM
theStudio CT

I like to give it a try. I love making blinkies

Old 05-16-2009, 09:38 PM
theStudio Designer

Yay, this will be fun, I love looking at all the different blinkies in peoples' signatures

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer~Creative Team and QC Liason

Old 05-16-2009, 10:35 PM
SAS-y Pebble

Ok this is something I have always wanted to learn, I will try this can be my first effort so here's hoping I can figure out some of that animation. Either way count me in and we will see.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:14 PM
SAS-y Pebble

ok ill try this blinkie or banner
Old 05-19-2009, 04:18 AM
Designer Contestant 2009

Default Number 128

I'm in - haven't uploaded my layout yet, but the adrenelin must be doing me good.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:15 AM
SAS-y Scrapper

I signed up under my name now I'm using my number as I didn't have it before here is my first one enjoy. I used the Extreme SAS Makeover Kit and items from the following designers mitsybelle-cu coloured version, piggyscraps-esm freebie and glitter from MoonDesigns SAS MakeOver Glitters.

SAS Love Creating

you can find it at Photobucket as I don't know where or how to put in the gallery yet here is the link

http://s625.photobucket.com/albums/t...lles/?newest=1
Old 05-21-2009, 09:15 AM
theStudio Warhol

Location: In the Berkshires, with my wonderful Husband and THE PRINCESS, our last child in the nest.
Red face Horrible Confession

OK, before anyone faints from shock because I'm not participating in a contest, or blames the squirrels (long story, see my blog), I have a shameful confession.... I don't have the slightest idea how to make a blinkie. Yes, I'm going to school for computer design. I have no idea how I got through 3 semesters with a 4.0 and yet we never covered this, I hang my head in shame, but I CAN'T EVEN FIGURE OUT HOW TO ATTACH THE @#$%^&#@ THINGS TO MY SIGNATURE. I CT for mITSYBELLE and she keeps sending me blinkies proclaiming my allegance which I would love to use but I've been TOO EMBARRASED to admit I don't know how to use them.

(PS: here's the address to my blog, in case you just have to know about the squirrel thing... there's freebies there to reward you for the trouble. )

http://www.pixelmusicscraps.blogspot.com
Old 05-21-2009, 09:31 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Oh, Tammara! It's really not that hard! Jeanette has even supplied a very basic beginner's blinkie tutorial that is super easy to follow!

I had no clue how to make blinkies until the contest last year! That's when I went in search of some tutorials and discovered that they really are SUPER EASY... they're just time consuming, especially if you want lots of animation!

C'mon... give it a try! You'll learn how to make them, then you won't ever have to confess again! LOL!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as blinkies in your siggy, that's pretty easy too! You just need someone to give you the instruction's is all!

First, I would start with signing up for a Photobucket Account (it's free!). Once you have the account set up, upload your blinkies to Photobucket & it will supply you with an [IMG] code.

Go to USERCP here in the forum, look at the list on the left side and find "Edit Signature" under the Settings & Options section.

Once under Edit Signature you should see a box just like when posting a comment here in the forum.

Copy the [IMG] code from Photobucket & paste into the box! Now, click on Preview Signature at the bottom and see if your image has appeared (box at top of page)

You can add text, links and any other images you want! Once you are done and you like the way it looks, click Save Signature and that's it! You now have your "underwear" on and you won't be running around naked anymore! :p

Last edited by kimberkatt; 05-21-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:20 AM
theStudio Warhol

Location: In the Berkshires, with my wonderful Husband and THE PRINCESS, our last child in the nest.
Default ...and by the way...

PS: The "underwear" thing is HILARIOUS. If I could make blinkies, the first thing I would do is make a black lace thong WITH garter straps AND a french lace-up bustier for my "secret" identity.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:34 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammara View Post
PS: The "underwear" thing is HILARIOUS. If I could make blinkies, the first thing I would do is make a black lace thong WITH garter straps AND a french lace-up bustier for my "secret" identity.
ROFL!! I thought the bloomers were funny... this would be a hoot! :p
Old 05-21-2009, 09:37 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Oh, BTW.... sign me up for the contest! I need more practice with blinkies & I want to try my first-ever banner!
Old 05-21-2009, 07:38 PM
the Studio - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammara View Post
But alas ..... we would all know you then
Old 05-21-2009, 11:05 PM
theStudio Owner

Sign-ups for the blinkie contest are now closed. All contestants will be getting details, as well as their tagger-sized kit with the brandnew site design bits-n-pieces sometime tomorrow via private message (PM).

Woooooohoooooooooooo! I can't wait to see what this round brings!

Smooches,

Toiny

my email
Closed Thread