Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Challenges and Contests > theStudio Genealogy and Heritage Challenge

theStudio Genealogy and Heritage Challenge Our Heritage and Genealogy challenges. Please notice that as we have an area dedicated to Genealogy and Heritage our Challenges would be posted there, in their own Forum. You will find here only the links to the different challenges organised and they will redirect you there. Alternatively you can go the Genealogy and Heritage Area to find everything you need to know to participate in the Challenge. Thank you

Old 06-09-2009, 09:26 AM
theStudio Artist

Default June Challenge...

Due to the number of commitments I have in my life right now, I am opting for a free with purchase bonus this month. My son just crossed over to boy scouts and I am helping him get settled in to his new troop. He had his first meeting last week, they are going camping this weekend and then they have their summer camp the first week of July. I am busy trying to get his camp paid for, get a scholarship for that, get his supplies ready, get my daughter ready for her dance recital this weekend, finding a job, keeping the house clean, and other things in between. So, in lieu of this month's challenge, I will be doing a FWP bonus. The challenge will be back next month as I hope to get this job I am going for an interview today. Whew!! I am tired already just thinking about it all! I am working on choosing a winner and will post that and the winning page here later today!!! Please check back in a couple of weeks when the July challenges are announced. And, if anyone has any ideas for a challenge, could you all please post them here so I can get my brain to working again. Thanks guys!!!!

Melanie

made by littlespooky with Lilypond kit
Old 06-10-2009, 09:54 PM
theStudio Picasso

I don't understand the FWP bonus. I would like to suggest a family tree - whatever size people want to use.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:24 AM
theStudio Artist

it is a free with purchase bonus. I like the idea of a family tree. I may have to see what I can pull out of the closet for that one!! Also, I have another job interview today. I am crossing my fingers on this one. I applied to this job back at the first part of May. They guy called me yesterday and asked if I was still interested and apologized because he had just come across my application. I am thinking if he didn't need anyone, he would have just passed it over!!

Old 06-11-2009, 10:41 AM
theStudio Artist

Good luck with the job interview! Don't worry about not having a challenge in June.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:44 AM
theStudio CT

I scanned my fathers baby pics, he played on the beach a lot. Also got a some picutres with the hole family posing

Old 06-11-2009, 01:55 PM
theStudio Artist

I love vintage beach pictures. I am a sucker for vintage pictures, anyway!! I can't wait to see what we come up with for July!!

Old 06-12-2009, 09:13 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Good luck with the job interview Melanie!

The Designers have a choice to either do a challenge for the month or a Free With Purchase Kit... this is what Melanie is referring to! She opted for the Free With Purchase for June and will continue the challenge in July!

So, stay tuned ladies...

hmmm, suggestions....

I really like the Family Tree! Great idea Gloria!

How about ethnicity? If you can track your family back to their original countries, scrap a layout about that country! I'm sure the family will want to know a little about the country they have all come from! I would have to include 4 different countries on my layout! LOL!

Earliest childhood memory
Aunts/Uncles/Cousins
First House
Family Gatherings
Meaning of Family Name

That's about all I can think of for right now!