Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges 2011 > Heritage Challenge: Point in Time

Heritage Challenge: Point in Time Hosted by Pauli. Don't forget to post your LO's in the Point in Time Gallery.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:19 AM
theStudio Warhol

Default and..... We're back!!!!

well, almost

Just got word that our stuff will be delivered in.... about 3 weeks. SO..... although I probably won't be able to work on this one, I thought I'd make this months challenge about

"PULLING UP STAKES" aka MOVING HOUSEHOLDS

I DO apologize for being awol, but it couldn't be helped. You see, we moved. Not just to a different town, but across an ocean. You can keep up with what's going on, on my blog at www.taztangscorner.blogspot.com

IF it gets here in time, I'll try and put a page together with our new "digs" but for the challenge I would like you to
pick a move... (any move in your family's history) be it recent, or 300 years ago,
and scrap it.

Document the way the move took place,
- could they take everything, or nothing,
- how was the transportation (covered wagen, railroad, ship or modern move)
- who was involved (Did just that family unit move, or several siblings together etc.)
- what prompted the move in the first place

If you have them, add a picture of the moving family, and/or the house (moving to or leaving) but most of all, tell the story, and have fun!

See you in the gallery!!

Pauli

PS: Don't forget to credit the designers? I know I'm really bad at it myself, but keep trying

Pps: Did you know that the term "pulling up stakes" dates from the time that you marked your property line/property claim with wooden stakes? When you moved, you just pulled the stakes, and the property was up for grabs again.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:16 AM
theStudio Owner

Default Re: and..... We're back!!!!

Hoi Pauli!

It's great to see you again. You have been in my prayers and it sounds like you are almost done. It's a huge, almost impossible, undertaking to move that far. I can't wait till your settled and I can come check out the new house.

Big smooches,

Toiny

my email
Old 06-03-2011, 12:00 AM
theStudio Artist

This sounds like a really great challenge Pauili - especially since I am an American living in Holland who is preparing to move back to Texas in the fall, if not sooner. Not really under happy circumstances - my Dutch husband passed away the end of February and it is just too lonely here without him. Maybe doing this challenge will help me find my direction in life again. I have certainly moved around a lot in my life, quite a bit of it with the military.

I am as old as I need to be for my age,
As heavy as I need to be for my weight,
As tall as I need to be for my height,
And wherever I go...there I am.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:21 AM
theStudio Owner

Awwww I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you, especially as you make your big move.

Veel liefs,

Toiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by djean View Post
This sounds like a really great challenge Pauili - especially since I am an American living in Holland who is preparing to move back to Texas in the fall, if not sooner. Not really under happy circumstances - my Dutch husband passed away the end of February and it is just too lonely here without him. Maybe doing this challenge will help me find my direction in life again. I have certainly moved around a lot in my life, quite a bit of it with the military.

my email
Old 06-03-2011, 03:21 AM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djean View Post
So sorry about your lost Hope you feel much better when you get to Texas.

Personal Use Store · Commercial Use Store · Blog · Newsletter · Facebook · Pinterest · Twitter · Google+

2007 - 2014 eqrAveziur graphic & design. All rights reserved.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:12 PM
theStudio Artist

My daughter and her family just moved, so I made a layout about their move--actually, I did another one too, but I like this one better!!
Not sure if I'm supposed to leave a link to the gallery here or an image--
so I'll do a link for now!
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-to-there.html

Old 06-08-2011, 12:09 PM
theStudio Warhol

Hey Deanne, thanks for being part of the challenge this month. I like your page. It gives a good out take of your daughters life.

No matter how many time you move (trust me on that on, we just finished our thirteenth) you always find that you did it more efficient than the last time LOL, and also that you have been dragging that one box around the last 3 times, and never openend it in between......

Hope to see you again next month
Old 06-30-2011, 07:11 PM
theStudio Picasso

Welcome back! Moving is so hard for me - I am such a collector and packrat!lol. Happily I haven't had to move since 1974!
Here is mine:
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...ince-1974.html