Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2011 > Capture the Moment

Capture the Moment We are kicking this off Memorial Day!

Old 06-29-2011, 09:06 AM
theStudio Picasso

Default Re: Week 5: Christmas

Here is week 5 layout with my husband as Santa and my granddaughter. It was so strange that I happen to have picked the album of the year my granddaughter was born to scan into the computor. I was looking at her baby picture of when she was born and today we found out we are to be great grand parents. We are all excited. It's our first great grandchild. I am feeling really old. My daughter is feeling really old.
I just had to share this news.
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...ly-secret.html[IMG]

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1265/Our-Christmas-Secret-000-Page-1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-29-2011, 03:40 PM
theStudio Monet

The idea to use black and white pictures is perfect with this kit. The pictures look so stunning!
Old 06-29-2011, 04:37 PM
theStudio CT

Here is my challenge 5 layout!

Thanks for a super fun challenge! It has been so fun, and I'm gonna miss having it on my to-do list!
Old 06-29-2011, 04:52 PM
theStudio Monet

can i use just the alpha for my title? i used it alone one place, then clipped a paper to another set of text somewhere else. either place could serve as the title. just verifying i did it properly before i upload.
thanks.

Families are forever because love never melts.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:48 AM
theStudio Artist

Once again, I avoided being in the gallery because I wanted the layout to be me and me alone. My internet connection has been very spotty again (I will actually be glad to get home and get to my normal internet!), but here it is....my nonChristmas Christmas layout!

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...s-day-off.html
Old 06-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Chit Cat

Here is mine. Thanks to everyone that helped me get to this weeks LO. Thanks to the divine Miss Piggy for the challenge and Christine (Digilicious Designs) for the kit. Although I loved each part of this process, it was so much fun to scrap something lighter this week. My fantastic Tanner is leaving Monday for the Air Force, I just had to put him in here. Now I am off to Dallas to spend some time with him before he goes.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...stockings.html

Journaling:

In 1975 I learned a new skill. I taught myself to crochet. That year for Christmas I made a stocking for each person in my family and each person in my husbands family. In my eyes they were just perfect and I was so proud of each and every one of them. The problem was that I did not know I needed to line them. Each year the stockings get stuffed with loving care. They hold everything from friut and nuts to shampoo and toothpaste with one very special gift tucked deep inside the toe. Each year they stretch a little more and each year it takes a little more to fill them. It is everyones favorite part of Christmas morning. When a new baby is born into the family, I always crochet a new stocking for the new arrival. I still don't put in a lining.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:56 AM
theStudio Owner

From the Piggy Re: Week 5: Christmas

Sounds like you altered a font w/paper... fits the bill. Upload away!

Smooches,

T

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickletime View Post
can i use just the alpha for my title? i used it alone one place, then clipped a paper to another set of text somewhere else. either place could serve as the title. just verifying i did it properly before i upload.
thanks.

my email
Old 06-30-2011, 01:56 PM
theStudio Monet

the title is the word 'luv' on the frame, made using the kit alpha. i hope this counts. the text on the tree journal element was made by clipping a paper to it. here's mine:
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...stmas-dss.html

thank-you so much to everyone at theStudio for having this awesome contest. it's been really fun and challenging, and helped me stretch myself when putting my layouts together. and, of course, the kits were all stunning. i hope there's another like it again at some point. thanks again to you all.

Families are forever because love never melts.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:38 PM
theStudio Picasso

Love this fun, fa la la kit! It totally rocks! Here's my layout with my super husband (he totally ROCKS)!

❁Come scrap your blog with me...

Easy Custom Blogs

Proud CT member for:
-.•:*¨¨*:•.--.•:*¨¨*:•.-
Old 07-01-2011, 02:01 AM
theStudio Owner

These were fantastic! What a fun, light way to end the contest. You all did wonderfully. It really is sad that all good things must come to an end. The poll is going up in our Designer & Admin forum. Results will be posted here on Monday, July 4th.

Good luck to all of you!

Smooches,

T

my email