Go Back   theStudio > Designer & Member Giveaways > Designers Giveaways

Designers Giveaways Freebies from theStudio Designer Team.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:05 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Comment Here -- You Can WIN the Sunkissed Bundle! **CLOSED**

I'm so excited to be guesting here this month! So I thought we would just start out with some fun!

Leave me a comment describing your favorite summer memory, paint me a word picture so I can see it in my mind! You only have until Aug 10, because then I'll let Mr. Random choose a winner! (If you have already purchased the bundle, Thank you!, you can still leave me a comment, and you'll get a coupon to my store)

So, here it is!

Last edited by Janet-B; 09-01-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:43 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: You Can WIN the Sunkissed Bundle!

I love watching my kids and their cousins have fun swimming and splashing in the resort pool when we are all together in Branson. Today they were having my husband throw them high in the air so they would splash into the pool. We get to go with my parents, siblings and their families every other year and are here this week.
Thanks for the chance to win your bundle. I love all of your products that I already own.

created using Glam Christmas by Queen Wild Scraps and Leaving a Legacy Designs

Old 08-08-2011, 08:15 AM
theStudio Picasso

My favorite memory is going on a wagon train. My sister and I drove a horse and cart for 40 miles. We stopped along the way at a creek for a picnic. All the kids jumped in. We had watermellon cooled from floating in the water. We felt like the pioneers must have felt when they went out west. The weather was a little hot, but getting back to nature and being in the trees on the mountains was worth every discomfort of the heat and the bugs that hovered around us.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Chit Cat

I am missing my grandson. He is in week five of Basic training for the Air Force. I was thinking about his visit last summer. We were in Houston and took the ferry to Galviston. Once the boat is on it's way you can get out of your car and really see the gulf waters. The sea gulls follow the boat and a favorite thing for the kids is to feed them. Tanner went to the front of the boat and watched for dolphins. He wanted to see them so much. When he got to just the right spot, some little ones came up with french fries for the gulls. The whole flock showed up and swarmed everyone there. My husband and I were waiting by the car. Tanner came running back with a fairly large mess on his shirt. His only comment was, "I hate sea gulls and dolphins are not worth this." He took his sirt off and when we got off the boat, we had to buy him a new one. Gotta love that kid. I miss him so much. Three weeks of BT left.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:17 PM
theStudio Monet

My favorite summer memory was a trip to the beach after all our children were grown.One year we got as many of them together as possible,(I think there were about 10 of us in all)We rented this big old beach house for one week.We had a ball with them.They all got together and went into this place where you make a video.Each got a different musical instrument and did a take of Kiss.It was hillarious. I still have the tape and that was more than 20 years ago.We still talk about wishing we could do that again.But everyone is now so scattered and have their own lives and children,it is just a happy memory.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:02 PM
theStudio QC CT

I grew up on a street that dead-ended into a park with a lake. It was the smallest of three lakes in a series of parks. There was a small waterfall where the lake drained into the creek and it was so much fun to play on the rocks, jumping from one to the other while trying not to get wet. We would spend all our summer days at the park either playing in the creek or fishing or climbing trees or playing ball, or just sitting along the bank watching the clouds. What fond memories of fun days.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:33 PM
theStudio Designer

I'm loving these stories -- keep them coming!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:25 PM
theStudio CT

I was a young single working parent with not alot of funds for extravagant vacations. So when the summertime came and my 2 children were off from school, I would take my vacation and plan day trips to nearby beaches, lakes and state parks. I would pack my cooler with drinks, sandwiches, salads and snacks. We would leave early in the morning and spend the day swimming, playing and eating. We would come back home that night and then prepare for the next day to do it all over again at a differnt location. Sometimes we would bring along my Mom or my girlfriend and her two children. Although I didn't have much I made sure my kids had summer vacations which they still talk about today.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:17 PM
theStudio Warhol

My favorite summer memories were on our annual vacation to WI, we would go the same place every year so as a 12 year old i felt comfortable going off by myself. I loved taking off on my bicycle in the state park we would visit and just riding along the stone beaches and in the cedar forest.

THis summer i got to take my husband and kids there for the first time and relived it all with them. I got to go for walk by myself enjoying the quiet and peaceful beauty of the cedar forest.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:33 PM
theStudio Designer

We have a winner! Congratulation, danzinst!

And Ladies, check your inboxes -- there's a PM waiting for you!

Old 08-11-2011, 02:51 PM
theStudio Monet

Oh I am sooo excited.Thank you,Janet.I can't wait to play with this.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:56 PM
theStudio Designer

You are so welcome! Thank you for playing along with me!

Would love to see what you create! Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzinst View Post
Oh I am sooo excited.Thank you,Janet.I can't wait to play with this.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:12 PM
theStudio Designer

Ladies, I've had a question about the numbers, and silly me, I should have posted this before the screenshot. But I numbered the replies in order (leaving myself out), like this:

1. luvstoscrap
2. countryscrap
3. jimmyrose
4. danzinst
5. patchas
6. rags2r

So I set random.org to choose 1 number out of 6, and then number 4 came up!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:31 PM
theStudio Monet

Congrats Faye! Awesome kit to win!!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:46 AM
theStudio Artist

We always went from Ohio to Maine for several weeks in the summer. My father helped his father build their cottage on the lake near Dexter when he was in high school. We used to LIVE on the beach swimming, collecting shells, catching crawdads, and hiking down the beach. We always had corn on the cob a farmer brought by the cottage in his truck. Grandma always ate about a dozen ears, soo funner. She was great. There were a million beds and cots for all of us and all the cousins. Best memories ever!!