Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2011 > theStudio Birthday Bash 2011 > Next Designer Contest 2011

Next Designer Contest 2011
Official Studio Time
Round 1: Starts September 1, 6:00 am Ends September 5, 24:00 pm
Round 2: Starts September 8, 6:00 am Ends September 12, 24:00 pm
Round 3: Starts September 15, 6:00 am Ends September 19, 24:00 pm
Round 4: Starts September 22, 6:00 am Ends September 26, 24:00 pm

Old 09-07-2011, 06:49 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Default Re: How many are moving on?

So excited!! Good Luck everyone....

Old 09-07-2011, 06:51 PM
theStudio Artist

hehe the cookie moster made me LOL for sure. =)
Old 09-07-2011, 09:54 PM
theStudio QC CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberkatt View Post
YUP! and I can be bribed for details with cookies or chocolates!!

shhhhhhhhhhhh...... don't tell Toiny I said that!!
I love it! -too cute and I love your sense of humor. It helps lighten the nerves, I'm certain for those who sent in their submissions.
The designer contests intrigue me, as I love to observe. I know my program[s] and yet I've zero interest to design.
I am always in awe of the talent.
m

pse-3,4,5,6, 8 , 9, 10....CS5...and PSP x3
Old 09-07-2011, 10:01 PM
theStudio Artist

I am now tempted to bake cookies....

I am also tempted to stay up (working of course, working...) until the results are announced.... /sigh
Old 09-07-2011, 10:10 PM
theStudio Picasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanteva View Post
I just took this photo of Kimberly:

LOL
Old 09-07-2011, 10:45 PM
theStudio Scribbler

No matter what happens this challenge has been a lot of fun~ Good luck everyone!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:54 PM
theStudio Designer

Well, I happen to be on EST and it's 11:48 here....think it'll be up in 12 minutes?? *fingers crossed* LOL

Old 09-07-2011, 11:08 PM
theStudio Scribbler

It's just over 6 hours until 6 AM ET. I am excited and nervous and worried. I leave for work in about 45 minutes so, I'll have to find excuses to keep "checking for important emails" until the results are posted.
I'm thinking of having a go at a challenge or two while I wait...because I am putting off many things I really should do (cough - monthly collabs - cough) instead.

Also, I have tried 3 times to get an avatar up, and with both methods (direct linking from Photobucket and direct uploading from my computer), I get a message saying it failed. The image is less than 20kb.

EDIT: Well, it looks like it worked, after all. Hmmmm.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:24 PM
theStudio Picasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickilyn View Post
Well, I happen to be on EST and it's 11:48 here....think it'll be up in 12 minutes?? *fingers crossed* LOL
My guess is 'NO'... if you look at the top of the thread it says round 2 starts on the 8th at 6:00 AM. LOL, you'll just have to wait a bit longer.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:26 PM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyofthethorns View Post
My guess is 'NO'... if you look at the top of the thread it says round 2 starts on the 8th at 6:00 AM. LOL, you'll just have to wait a bit longer.
Well I was guessing no too, but she did say the LIST would be up before the challenge so I was HOPING anyway! LOL

Old 09-07-2011, 11:29 PM
theStudio Picasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickilyn View Post
Well I was guessing no too, but she did say the LIST would be up before the challenge so I was HOPING anyway! LOL
Yep, I understand. It's always good to have hope.

Well, it's after midnight here for me (I'm in the contest's time zone) so I guess I'll get some sleep and check things out in the AM... with my morning coffee.

Oh, btw, the layout artist contest has been posted for the next round and the kit's name is 'Afternoon Delight'... give you any ideas?????
Old 09-07-2011, 11:49 PM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyofthethorns View Post
Yep, I understand. It's always good to have hope.

Well, it's after midnight here for me (I'm in the contest's time zone) so I guess I'll get some sleep and check things out in the AM... with my morning coffee.

Oh, btw, the layout artist contest has been posted for the next round and the kit's name is 'Afternoon Delight'... give you any ideas?????
Yeah, it's nearly 1am now.. lol! BTW, i'm in Southern NH, near manchester. Neat to have another designer in the neighborhood!

guess i'll go to bed..the house is quiet..and the youngest has finally settled. poor thing is getting sick again
Old 09-08-2011, 12:03 AM
theStudio Artist

OMG, is almost 2AM here in the very South of America, with a winter that refuses to go (that means is still very cold, I already have 6 cups of coffee in 2 hours) and waiting for the results, I think I am also going for a challenge while I wait, I can't go to bed and I have to stop eating...so..
Good luck everybody, and what the ....??? I haven't been in the gallery for 1 day and suddenly OMG, there are so many kits now and so so gorgeous each one of them..ok, I will shut up now.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:34 AM
theStudio Artist

I think the results will probably be posted in Challenge 2 - like with the layout artistst competition.

Ugh 6AM get here faster!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:10 AM
theStudio Warhol

me too on all counts ... count down is less than 5 hours now ... and my allergy medication is not working with what ever is in the air ...

I have trouble with the avi 'cause I think it is testing and it is done. do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMade View Post
It's just over 6 hours until 6 AM ET. I am excited and nervous and worried. I leave for work in about 45 minutes so, I'll have to find excuses to keep "checking for important emails" until the results are posted.
I'm thinking of having a go at a challenge or two while I wait...because I am putting off many things I really should do (cough - monthly collabs - cough) instead.

Also, I have tried 3 times to get an avatar up, and with both methods (direct linking from Photobucket and direct uploading from my computer), I get a message saying it failed. The image is less than 20kb.

EDIT: Well, it looks like it worked, after all. Hmmmm.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:22 AM
theStudio Hybrid CT

Just under 4 hours to go now...unless they post early??!!!! I saw that the Layout Round 2 was up (another gorgeous kit!) so was hoping round 2 of the Designer Contest would be up too but guess I am just going to have to wait patiently (yeh, right , like that's going to happen!!! ) for a few more hours.... I just know I am going to wear out the refresh button on my keyboard!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:00 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakleidesigns View Post
OMG, is almost 2AM here in the very South of America, with a winter that refuses to go (that means is still very cold, I already have 6 cups of coffee in 2 hours) and waiting for the results, I think I am also going for a challenge while I wait, I can't go to bed and I have to stop eating...so..
Good luck everybody, and what the ....??? I haven't been in the gallery for 1 day and suddenly OMG, there are so many kits now and so so gorgeous each one of them..ok, I will shut up now.
I feel like you Karen! This is my first try at being a Designer and it is something I want with all my being! I'm chewing my nails, for crying out loud! Disgusting hey? But, I NEED to be a designer in my own right and I have to start somewhere. If only I can survive round 1, I would have accomplished something, even if it is only to learn about deadlines.

But, I'm currently @ work and need to work but I will hit 'refresh' every now and then ... Good luck to everyone who knows by now how to hit the 'refresh' button ...
Old 09-08-2011, 02:24 AM
theStudio Artist

just in from work while you guys in the states are still in bed getting some much earned sleep, still got 3hrs to go....that means after tea and shower all should be ready to read hope so anyways...this has consumed me all day wanting to go on the net to see what's been happening but work won't allow personal browsing
Old 09-08-2011, 02:24 AM
theStudio Artist

oh Hi Chris....hahaha, how are you doing Hun?
You were in Australia, are you?
well, is 4 AM here, so only 2 more hours, and which challenge I went to put my head on?
in another kit maker one, the member mega, haha, I can't believe I just made another kit, and now I am too exhausted ...but I will wait for the results, then if I make it through I will get some sleep...and I know Chris how this feels, last year I was here, I was so close but it didn't happen and I love this place, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for so many people besides me...they are starting to hurt, hahaha, good luck Hun, I wish you make it through , I wish everybody I know and the ones I don't but I saw their kits make it too, and I wish I make it myself...so just keep it positive and don't suffer girls, pretend this is a roller coaster (if you like them, I do) and just enjoy the ride.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:34 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Hi Karen, it's going very well. And no, I'm not from Australia, I'm from sunny South Africa. Luckily winter is gone now and spring is lovely. It feels like everything around you came to life again. I just love spring.

Good luck and I hope you get some sleep!