Go Back   theStudio > Designer & Member Giveaways > Designers Giveaways

Designers Giveaways Freebies from theStudio Designer Team.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:39 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: Free CU Spider

Wow, you have a good camera! Is that a brown recluse spider? They are dangerous. You brave girl! Congrats on not being biten!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:04 PM
theStudio Monet

Oh Tracy, that is gross, LOL! I don't know how you Aussies handle all those creepy crawlies. But this one is perfect for Halloween - thanks for sharing!
Old 09-09-2011, 01:04 AM
theStudio Designer

ha ha he's harmless, I had a guest coming to stay too so I thought I better get him out of the house. We don't kill them unless there's no option usually. We get whitetailed spiders, funnel web spiders and redback spiders they are more dangerous than this hairy fellow

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer ~ QC Liason

Old 09-09-2011, 02:23 AM
theStudio Warhol

oh wow thanks hun..i don't suppose you have a red back there too..ROFL..did ya get out the can of old peabo? or stamp him squished with your thong????...ROFL...us aussies are just toooooooooooo much!!...cheers liz
Old 09-09-2011, 02:42 AM
theStudio Designer

Even i don't like spiders, this is a beautiful animal. It would be nice to have saved a couple of them to scare who bothers lol

Thanks for the freebie!

Personal Use Store · Commercial Use Store · Blog · Newsletter · Facebook · Pinterest · Twitter · Google+

2007 - 2014 eqrAveziur graphic & design. All rights reserved.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:36 AM
theStudio Artist

You are one dedicated designer to grab the camera first before the fly swatter! He's scarey!
Old 09-09-2011, 02:32 PM
theStudio Designer

You're awesome, Tracy, and too funny! I get thsese creepy crawlers in the fall when it's getting cold, and they all end up in the garbage squished... no mercy from me, LOL.
Great job extracting the guy
Old 09-09-2011, 11:51 PM
theStudio CT

I love him! He does look awfully velvety. I'm the same way, I relocate rather than kill most spiders. The only one I kill is the little translucent white house spiders we have here that I'm allergic to. All the rest can stay and catch my mosquitoes! Thanks for sharing him!
Old 09-10-2011, 06:22 AM
theStudio Rembrandt

Thank you Tracy. I would have been running for the bug spray or hair spray. I hate spiders/all bugs. And I can't stand the squish that's how I learned to use hair spray when no bug spray was available.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:23 AM
theStudio Warhol

OMG! this is horrifying yet amazing at the same time. don't think i would've been so brave as to grab the camera though...LOL! thanks for the spider...i am scared to unzip it
Old 09-10-2011, 02:46 PM
theStudio Picasso

Tracy, thank you so much. I think I figured out why so many are afraid of spiders - they may jump at us or swing down on a thread and startle us.

I had one the other night that was on the ceiling and threw some slippers at him finally I headed toward him and he walked to the edge of the ceiling and wall. I jumped at him with a slipper and missed and fell, getting bruised. Then I finally got him down and he was a runner, but I finally tracked him down. Big game hunter me.

I have had trouble being kind to them ever since one of my DDs was bitten at night and the teacher called that day about noon that my DD had a red streak running up her arm. We took her to the pediatrician and he sent us to the children's hospital where she had to spend overnight with an iv. So since I have no idea what kind, I have spider spray and handy shoes. I intend to get an electronic bug chaser.

Stand for something.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:20 PM
theStudio Designer

Fortunately we don't have any dangerous or poisonous spiders around here - we do get those hairy brown or black hunting spiders but they don't get bigger than my palm.

I used to be scared of spiders and would run and scream at the sight of them - until my daughter was growing up and I did overcome my fear so she wouldn't learn it from me. So instead of calling my husband or squashing them (with his shoes, they're bigger than mine, LOL) I started catching them and looking at them in a jar together with our daughter. I can remember the first time... I was close to throwing up while I pointed out what an interesting animal that was "look at his many eyes and do you see.. he has 8 legs... Ugh! Today I'm pretty much indifferent if it's a spider or a beetle or whatever else ended up in our house.

When we were in FL for vacation this spring we ended up having a snake in the living room - now that was an adventure, LOL
Old 09-11-2011, 07:29 PM
theStudio CT

OMG - LOL - You are too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://atimeforscraps.blogspot.com/
Old 09-13-2011, 04:51 PM
theStudio QC CT

UGH!! Hate, hate, hate spiders. First thing I did when we moved in was hire an exterminator to come every 3 months to spray -- just to make sure I never see them. I once called them back (they guarantee their services) because I found a dead spider in the middle of the finished basement. But "its dead" they said. "Yeah sure, now", I replied, "but he was alive long enough to crawl halfway across the floor!" LOL. Thanks Tracy. You did a fab job extracting it.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:33 AM
theStudio Artist

oh I must be strange but he's a beauty and rather cute lol...I don't mind them as long as they are above head high lol...I'm the resident spider catcher at work and I totally hate killing them too...only ones that get squashed around our house are the poisonous variety but they're mainly the redbacks out in the rubbish behind the shed ...glad he wasn't a funnel web coz they're rather prevalent in your neck of the woods Tracy...now that I would squash...any way thank for the freebie and you did a great job in extracting him
Old 09-14-2011, 06:22 AM
theStudio Designer

rofl Pat that's so funny, you go girl!!!
And tailz, if it were a funnel web I would be running a mile! those ones are deadly!! though my ambo hubby would come in handy if I got bit, if he was home and not working rofl.

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer ~ QC Liason

Old 09-15-2011, 10:28 PM
theStudio Picasso

That is one awesome extraction. I don't like spiders and this one does creep me out, but what a great Halloween element to use on a page. Thank you. I got a great closeup of a dragon fly a few weeks ago. Boy are they ugly when they fill the screen.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:45 PM
theStudio QC CT

Thanks so much for the spider. It will be perfect for Halloween pages. Spiders don't bother me, but now if it had been a snake, I would have totally freaked out. I wouldn't have been able to look at a snake and extract it on my computer. Funny how different things frighten us!
Old 09-19-2011, 07:08 PM
theStudio Scribbler

That thing gave me the chills and reminded me of the one my ex-husband had as a pet. Thank you so much for being so quick with your camera to capture this!
Old 09-23-2011, 01:53 AM
theStudio QC CT

wow tracy! amazing extraction! thanks for the freebie i still feel my hairs raising though. lol!