Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 08-23-2011, 10:43 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Default Sad, sad, sad.....:(

I am just very sad today! We found out we had to put another cat down today, which makes 3 this month!

Our Fonzie suffered massive heart attack and fluid in the lungs, had to be put down immediately, it was such a shock! I miss him terribly!!

Then, two of the strays we've been caring for for years now, had to be put down for Cancer!

This has NOT been a very good year for me! Here's hoping next year will be so much better!!
Old 08-23-2011, 02:05 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: Sad, sad, sad.....:(

Oh, Kim... (((HUGS))) ... it's always so sad to lose a furry friend - and awful if these losses are so close together.

Hugs again, to you and your family!
Old 08-23-2011, 02:52 PM
theStudio Artist

Such sad news, so awfull to lose your pets!!!

Knuffels (hugs) for you!!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:00 PM
theStudio Warhol

((((HUGS))) to you , I know what its like to loose a furbaby but I couldnt imagine so many so close together
Old 08-24-2011, 09:19 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Thank you ladies, it is appreciated!

I knew it was inevitable, all 4 of the strays were only about 2 years old when we started feeding them and letting them sleep on the porch during the winter, we even have a litter box for them outside We could never bring them in, because they were feral and wouldn't let anyone touch them, but we still loved them! It's been about 8 or 9 years now, so I knew they were getting older and would probably go around the same time, but I just wasn't expecting the Cancer thing! Now they're saying that the other two need to be caught and tested, because they were all from the same litter, they probably all have cancer! So sad!

Our Fonzie was the real shocker! my husband and I got Fonzie when he was just a kitten, only 5 weeks old, he was a barn cat. We had him with us for the first 3 years, then we had to move and we couldn't take him with us. So, hubby's grandmother took him in, which is saying something because Fonz wasn't real lovable! lol The vet believes he may have been younger than the 5 weeks and taken away from Mom too early, because he attached himself to me as "mom" and would try to suckle and knead on my shirt when I held him... anyway, he was a grouch and would bite and scratch if you tried to touch him when he didn't want you to, everything had to be on Fonzie's terms! lol I still love him though, he was the most gentle with me and I believe he was very upset with me for sending him to Gram's to live, even though I visited him everyday! Then we moved into the house next door, so I was over there constantly and he warmed up to me again. It was just so sudden, and the decision had to be made immediately because he was dying, so that was the toughest choice I ever had to make!

anywho, thanks for letting me spill my thoughts, it's nice to get it out, makes me feel a lot better!
Old 08-24-2011, 02:30 PM
theStudio Designer

OH Kim I'm so sorry hun, I have been in your shoes with the immediate decision thing, with our dog Hope, she twisted her stomach at age 17 and had to be put to sleep, she was in such agony. And then last October my own sweet Shona had to be put down at 16 years due to renal failure. It broke my heart.

big hugs to you my sweet!!

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer ~ QC Liason

Old 08-25-2011, 05:07 AM
Chit Cat

One day I took my children to a park for the day. They found a box with three kittens in it. Two were past help, but the third was a pretty, little, long haired gray boy that made it and was a welcome addition to our family. We named him Smokey. He lived to be 22 years old. Then he began to just slow down and waste away. Once it started, it happened so fast. My husband was out of town and I had to make that decision and take him in myself. I know how you feel. I cried for days. I told everyone that I would never have an other cat. It hurt way too much. Two years later my daughter gave us Radar for Christmas. He settled into my heart and I love him very much. Still, I think of Smokey and miss him so. I am so sorry for your loss. This is such a hard thing and such a loving decision to make. Thinking of you, Take care, Rose
Old 08-25-2011, 07:41 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Thanks ladies! It's nice to know that there are others who understand the heartache

They're coming to get the other two strays today to get them tested for Cancer, crossing my fingers that they don't find anything! although, if they do have cancer, I certainly would not want them to be suffering through it! The vet said that it spreads rapidly in animals and can cause lots of pain and suffering, so I may have to make another hard decision again today! *sigh* But, this time I've prepared myself for the worst

In a way it will be a relief to not have that responsibility anymore, but it just hurts my heart to let them go!
Old 08-27-2011, 01:23 PM
theStudio Artist

So sorry to hear that... Hugs!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:27 PM
theStudio Designer

I'm so sorry... It's just the hardest thing losing a much-loved pet. We lost our gorgeous doggy Charlie a couple of years ago, and to help Joey (now almost 5) understand & cope, we told him he'd gone to puppy heaven and we named a star in the night sky 'Charlie's star'. On clear night's before bed, we go out and say goodnight to Charlie. It still brings tears to my eyes, I miss him so much
Old 08-31-2011, 12:35 PM
theStudio Designer

I'm so sorry Kim. Even the outside pupies are in our hearts. ((((Hugs))))

Personal Use Store · Commercial Use Store · Blog · Newsletter · Facebook · Pinterest · Twitter · Google+

2007 - 2014 eqrAveziur graphic & design. All rights reserved.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:23 AM
theStudio Artist

Cats have heart attacks? How can you tell? I am treading the day my furr baby goes on to heaven to wait for me (yes that's right...there is a heaven and our fur babies go there to wait to be reunited with us and no one better say any different or the bubble I live in will burst.). I'm telling ya it isn't going to be pretty! I start crying just thinking about that day the saddest day of my life. I live with chronic pain and my buddy lays next to me all day and night when I am hurting. When the pain gets to high and I have an IBS attack, he sits outside the closed bathroom door the whole time and he walks out with me back to bed. When he hears me cry from any where in the house, he finds me and stays close to me until I stop. If I have an argument or yell, he finds me and sits at my feet until it's over. When I take a shower, he comes in the bathroom and sleeps on the mat by the tub until I'm done. I have had him since he was 6-7 weeks old. He was the runt of the litter born not moving or breathing,who nneeded mouth to mouth to come alive. Now he hovers between 15-18lbs and he's a bigg shaggy Maine Coon who towers over every other kitty. His paws are 2+in wide. he is the most gentle soul. I know the Lord sent him just for me as my furry companion through the trials of my life.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:20 PM
theStudio Party Girl

awww, Marcie that is so sweet! I'm glad you have a loving fur-friend like that, but it does make it harder to lose them!

We got good news about the other stray's... other than an eye infection in one of them, they are cancer free! Woohooo! So I only have to add some medicine to the one's food every night for the infection! I was soooo happy with this news!!

Christine - to this day, almost 10 years later, I still tear up when I think of my Satin... we got her when I was about 5 or 6 years old, she was only 5 weeks old, runt of the litter and they were just going to throw her away!!! So my mother took her in and she lived with us for 18 years before she had to be put down for tumors that were causing her a lot of pain - I loved that dog more than anything!
Old 09-11-2011, 05:52 PM
theStudio CT

I absolutely understand what you're going through! My cat, Tigger, was a gift from my husband eleven years ago in September. This past April he was diagnosed with cancer. I didn't want to give up on him, so I kept giving him medications and keeping him hydrated. In August, he started looking so bad. I spoke with the vet, and she explained that he wouldn't give up until I told him it was OK. It changed my perspective ... instead of the "don't give up on him" view of the situation, I came to realize that it was in his best interest to give him permission to go. He died in my arms at the vet, hearing words of love and praise for being so good to me up until his last breath. As therapy, I created this layout of him (the photo was taken by me in March ... amazing how fast he went from healthy to sick!). Hang in there, and take care!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 08:13 PM
theStudio QC CT

I'm so sorry to hear this. I can relate to how tragically the loss of a pet cuts into your heart. I do not think I can go there again.
Hugs and savor the memories. My dear Marbles...has his own scrapbook.
m

pse-3,4,5,6, 8 , 9, 10....CS5...and PSP x3
Old 09-11-2011, 09:00 PM
theStudio Picasso

{{{Hugs, Kim}}} We lost 2 a few months apart in 2006/2007 and it floored me. I can imagine how hard it hurts.

Your relationship with Fonzie is very much like mine is with Kaline. The vet estimated her to be about 5 weeks when she found her and too young to be away from her mother. She tried to suckle me too. I'm definitely "Mommy." She watches out for me all the time and when she is feeling scared or stress, she attaches herself to me! I know I’ll more than likely outlive her, but I refuse to let myself think of that day, hopefully many years away. I WILL be a mess!

Pets are part of our families. We call ours “the kids.” That’s why there are SO many scrapbook pages in my gallery with cats! Our kids are a very important part of our lives.