Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges 2011 > Recipe Card Challenge (through Jan. 2012)

Recipe Card Challenge (through Jan. 2012) Looking for some new recipes to add to your menu? Then join us in the monthly recipe card challenge hosted by Maurine of Let Me Scrapbook! All participants will receive all of the cards created that month. Recipe cards can be uploaded to Recipe Card Challenge Gallery.

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:47 PM
theStudio Designer

Default October 2011 Recipe Card Challenge

Here are the instructions for this month's recipe card challenge/exchange:

1. Click HERE for this month's starter kit; it will be free to those who participated in the prior month's challenge. Please use this kit (or papers/elements you design in the same color palette) so the cards will "coordinate" and to ensure we don't violate other designers' TOU.

2. The general theme for this month's cards is your favorite PIE recipes ~ the post below this one includes more information. Be creative and have fun with your cards! If you need different metal tags and don't have them from previous kits, send me an e-mail and I'll make them for you.

3. Design your recipe card(s) however you'd like. Include your name, forum name ~ whatever you want ~ on the card.

4. Create your original card at 6" wide X 4" tall (1800 and 1200 pixels) and save it as a 300 ppi jpeg, quality between 8 to 10. These are the print-quality cards that will be shared with all participants. You will also need to resize your card at 72 ppi to post in the gallery.

WHEN FINISHED with your card(s), do the following 3 things:

1. E-mail your print-quality, 300 ppi recipe card to LetMeScrapbook@hotmail.com so it can be included in the download file at the end of the month. Several participants have asked for blank copies of the cards you design, so if you're willing to send me both (with and without the words), that would be great!

2. Upload a picture of your 72 ppi card to the Recipe Card Challenge Gallery. Please upload only your actual recipe card ~ not the blank cards.

3. Post a link here in this forum thread no later than October 31.

At the end of the month, all participants will receive a link to download all the cards created that month. Bon appétit!!

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 10-03-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:00 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: October 2011 Recipe Card Challenge

Dear friends: If any of you follow my blog, you'll have seen a post that my computer died last weekend. I certainly wasn't ready to buy a new one, but I must admit I'm loving it so far! However, it takes so much work to get everything reloaded and organized the way I want it. And I've wasted a lot of time unsuccessfully trying to resurrect my crashed computer to get some important files off it, including all my passwords to upload new product to the store. So: the starter kit is finished, but I can't get it uploaded yet. I'm hoping to have everything resolved by Monday...

Heads up: this month's theme is a request from Toiny and is perfect timing since Thanksgiving is just around the corner. We're going with PIES ~ pumpkin, cream, berry, pecan, french silk ~ whatever you want to share. If you have some good "non-sweet" pie recipes ~ like shepherd's or cheeseburger pie, for example ~ feel free to share those.

Check back on Monday for more info. And for September participants, I'll get you the code to download this starter kit by Tuesday, October 4.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Chit Cat

I really understand what you are going through. About two years ago I lost my computer. Thankfully I had everything backed up. My husband says I back up way too much, but I was so glad I did. He bought me a lap top. I just did not have the heart to tell him that I liked the lap top, but really missed my desk top. In Sept. he decided that he needed a new lap top for his work. He said he wanted one just like the one he got me. I convinced him that I would "reluctantly" let him have mine, as we really did not need two lap tops. I said I would get a new desk top and go through all of the set up so that he would not have to. I spent all last month getting everything just the way I want it. I must say, I love my new computer. Just please don't anyone tell my husband.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:33 PM
theStudio Designer

This made me laugh!! Glad I'm not the only one who tries to find creative ways to get exactly what I want and have everyone feel like the winner! : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyrose View Post
I really understand what you are going through. About two years ago I lost my computer. Thankfully I had everything backed up. My husband says I back up way too much, but I was so glad I did. He bought me a lap top. I just did not have the heart to tell him that I liked the lap top, but really missed my desk top. In Sept. he decided that he needed a new lap top for his work. He said he wanted one just like the one he got me. I convinced him that I would "reluctantly" let him have mine, as we really did not need two lap tops. I said I would get a new desk top and go through all of the set up so that he would not have to. I spent all last month getting everything just the way I want it. I must say, I love my new computer. Just please don't anyone tell my husband.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:21 PM
theStudio CT

Hi i have never done this challenge before, so do i buy the October kit-when its up and then in November I get to get that kit free??
Old 10-03-2011, 04:04 PM
theStudio Designer

Yes, that's right. You have to purchase the starter kit the first month to participate, and then you get future ones for free as long as you participated the month before. I'm excited to have you join us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceefl0wer View Post
Hi i have never done this challenge before, so do i buy the October kit-when its up and then in November I get to get that kit free??

Old 10-03-2011, 07:38 PM
theStudio CT

Oh, you poor dear! Setting up a new computer is not a whole lot of fun. Don't worry, we are here waiting patiently! Yes, you read me right...p-a-t-i-e-n-t-l-y!! LOL
Old 10-03-2011, 10:49 PM
theStudio Warhol

I will definitely be participating this month. I have the best pie recipe I can't wait to share
Old 10-04-2011, 05:07 AM
theStudio CT

removed as typo on card
Old 10-04-2011, 07:57 AM
theStudio Monet

What a darling kit and so sorry you've lost your computer! That is always a hassle....Hopefully your new one will be so dazzling you'll forget the trial of it.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:41 AM
theStudio Picasso

I almost lost everything on my computer and all the hard drives 2 days ago. McAfee had just said they took out a trojan so I went to run another securtiy program and it had showed two more and as I was running it everything went black. So I called Dell support and they took over my computer and while running at their end some think caused the person to have to do to another computer to get back onto mine. Anyway, had I waited I would have been wiped clean. He said I can go to any site and it will start downloading a virus even if I try to back out. He said to close a site with the red x and not the ok or close button. Anyway he helped me get back all the data and re install the programs. All the back up drives were cleaned out and he told me to un plug the back up hard drives so I would at least have a back up. I had left them plugged in all the time. He recovered all my data so I was lucky and it only took about 3 hours to fix. I thought with Mcfee I would be safe. Not so. So I understand the problems with someone taking everything from the computer. I also worry what they want with my information they take. Any way I am sorry you lost your computer.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:02 PM
theStudio CT

whoops just noticed a big typo on my card- put chicken soup instead of chicken pie- will sort it and re post and re send
corrected gallery card

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...cipe-card.html
Old 10-04-2011, 09:42 PM
theStudio Designer

I'm sneaking my September card in here -- and hoping I get my October card done before this month is over! Here's my card for Cinnamon Bites.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:05 PM
theStudio Designer

Earlier tonight, I sent 2 e-mail messages to everyone who participated last month: 1) a coupon code for the October starter kit, and 2) the download links for September's cards. If you did not receive either one or have any questions, please let me know...

Old 10-06-2011, 10:41 AM
theStudio Monet

Thanks, Maurine, for a beautiful kit. I made Easy Banana Cream Pie

Now if it were just available to eat! But I did make banana bread yesterday.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:07 PM
theStudio Designer

What a relief to actually finish my card early!! Here's the link to my Peanut Butter Cream Pie.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:34 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Mine is up, too. No Syrup Pecan Pie.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:40 PM
theStudio CT

My card is definitely different this time around. First the recipe is like an apple pie only cut in squares. Should I have called it "Pie Squares?" Secondly, I am trying a new idea for a Christmas gift I learned through our friend, Doris, on here. Hence, the difference from the normal landscape to the portrait shape instead.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:53 PM
theStudio CT

This one was just too fun.....
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...apple-pie.html

http://atimeforscraps.blogspot.com/
Old 10-08-2011, 02:52 PM
theStudio Hybrid CT

Here is my recipe. What a yummy category this month