Go Back   theStudio > Designer & Member Giveaways > Designers Giveaways

Designers Giveaways Freebies from theStudio Designer Team.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:21 AM
theStudio Designer

Exclamation 25 days of Christmas (freebies)

Bookmark Lara´s Digi World blog and don´t miss out!

See you soon!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:59 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: 25 days of Christmas (freebies)

DAY 1 is ready now, visit my blog
Old 12-01-2011, 07:33 AM
theStudio Artist

Oh, I'm SO disappointed I can't get this beautiful word art. I consider Facebook stricktly off-limits as it is SO unsafe. Please reconsider your requirement?

Old 12-01-2011, 07:54 AM
theStudio Designer

Hi sweetie!!!

Well, I dissapoint you again, I´m afraid.
There´s no wordart in my downloads yet, although I have no all days completed, so maybe I´ll create some.
I wrote on my blog, what´s in downloads for next few days

If you´re talking about the HOHOHO WA on my AD, it´s created by me and if you´ll follow my blog you´ll know soon when it´s gonna be available and where.

I´m also reconsidering other way of downloading my Christmas freebies, but didn´t come to any good solutions yet (my priority is to increase some fans on FB now for a few personal reasons). I´m so sorry.

Hope you understand.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:02 PM
theStudio Artist

Thank you Lara! What about facebook is soo unsafe? Good Gram?
Old 12-01-2011, 05:22 PM
theStudio Artist

Rampant ID theft is occurring on FB daily. Crooks not only collect your name and personal information but your face, too, for ID cards! FB uses facial recognition technology and even when some old classmate identifies you on her site, you get your face marked with your name whether you want it to or not. You can't control who identifies you in other people's photos.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:43 AM
theStudio Scribbler

I totally agree with GoodGram. I absolutely loathe Facebook, and I won't even go near Twitter (what a foolish thing that is!). Besides the rampant identity theft going on at Facebook, the site tends to lock up my computer. I wait and wait and wait, yet few links come up the way they are supposed to. I think the virus protection program I use doesn't agree with Facebook.

Also, the navigation system at Facebook isn't very intuitive either. I have to search every time I want to send messages, download exclusives, add or edit my photo albums, etc. Oh, yes, I almost forgot ... way too much sleazy advertising at Facebook!!!!

I am so sorry you decided to use Facebook for your lovely Advent gifts this year. I follow you on Blogger so easily, and I love that you use Box.net for most of your freebies. Well, like the Rolling Stones sing, "You can't always get what you want."
Old 12-02-2011, 12:48 AM
theStudio Scribbler

As an addendum, it took almost 15 minutes for Facebook and MediaFire to bring up the download link once I clicked on the "Like" button. The file is finally downloading now.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:42 AM
theStudio Artist

One of the premier information technology sites on the web, InfoWorld, states: "risk comes from the likes of Facebook, which uses its service to learn about its users, their friends, their family members, and their colleagues, then sells that information to advertisers. Facebook has apologized multiple times for such activities, but hasn't put a stop to them. It claims it protects user identities, so vendors don't know specifically who their ads are targeting, just that they are the appropriate audience. Most media companies do this as well, but Facebook's deep access to personal information and its pattern of exploiting that data rightfully causes concern. I'm amazed that people let themselves be farmed by Facebook; they should at least get paid to be used this way. Just this week, it agreed to pay huge fines for its latest privacy invasions and to be monitored for 20 years by the feds for future misbehavior -- which you just know will occur."

Old 12-02-2011, 08:16 AM
theStudio Scrapper

Lara, I LOVE your work, but I can't seem to get the link to come up when I click on the link after "liking" you. Don't know if I have something set on FB to not allow this, but I haven't been able to figure it out
Old 12-03-2011, 08:17 AM
theStudio Artist

Lara, I was delighted to see the links for days 1, 2, 3 are listed for 4 shared and Mediafire! Thank you so much, and like so many others I'm not particularly fond of Facebook and mainly just go there to my kids pages and a few friends. I get rather frustrated whenever I 'like' someone or something and nothing shows up.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:39 AM
theStudio Artist

I'm delighted you reconsidered! Thank you so much for your lovely files! Being forced to join something like FB just gets to be way too much to ask of someone.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:34 AM
theStudio Monet

Thank you for Day 1-2- and 3 on your blog.I would have missed these.I don't get along too well with facebook.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:17 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Thank you soooo much for reconsidering, Lara! I'm already a fan of yours on Facebook, but I'd rather not go there if I don't have to. I only set up a page on that site so I could keep up with my oldest son, who doesn't care too much for email, which he gets enough of during the day at his job. But I really, really appreciate it, along with the other ladies here, that you were willing to help us out and make your beautiful Advent goodies available to us on your blog as well as on your Facebook page. You rock!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:27 PM
theStudio Designer

Oh, wow, what a talk about FB. In some points I totally agree with you. I´ve got there as minimum infos as possible. And I´m also lost there sometimes.

I´m happy you enjoy my downloads You are very welcome!!!

Any suggestions what you´d love to have after Calendar 2012 is finished?

I have something on my mind, but still some days are empty. So risky of me
Old 12-25-2011, 10:59 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Default Has Lara had her baby ...

Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard whether Lara has had her baby? If she hasn't, I have a feeling that her doctor put her on complete bed rest. She mentioned something about having to take it easy so the baby wouldn't come too soon. I sure hope everything is going well with her. I'm going to add her and the baby to my prayer list.

mskinsey