Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges 2011 > Recipe Card Challenge (through Jan. 2012)

Recipe Card Challenge (through Jan. 2012) Looking for some new recipes to add to your menu? Then join us in the monthly recipe card challenge hosted by Maurine of Let Me Scrapbook! All participants will receive all of the cards created that month. Recipe cards can be uploaded to Recipe Card Challenge Gallery.

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 02:18 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: January 2012 Recipe Card Challenge

-esha-, there are two different types of measurements, solids and liquids/fluids.

Solids - grams translate to ounces, 8 ounces = 1 cup, 16 ounces = 1 pound (You usually see pounds referenced for meats. These items can be measured on a scale.))

Fluids - millilitres translate to ounces, 8 ounces = 1 cup, 16 ounces = 1 pint, 32 ounces = 1 quart (These items are poured into a measuring cup.)

Hope this helps.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:50 PM
theStudio Designer

Thanks so much for answering. I just saw esha's message, but I would have had no idea on how to respond. : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvsandy View Post
-esha-, there are two different types of measurements, solids and liquids/fluids.

Solids - grams translate to ounces, 8 ounces = 1 cup, 16 ounces = 1 pound (You usually see pounds referenced for meats. These items can be measured on a scale.))

Fluids - millilitres translate to ounces, 8 ounces = 1 cup, 16 ounces = 1 pint, 32 ounces = 1 quart (These items are poured into a measuring cup.)

Hope this helps.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:25 AM
theStudio Artist

Thank you very much!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:35 AM
theStudio Artist

So here's my second recipe

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...eakfast-2.html
Old 01-18-2012, 05:42 AM
theStudio Warhol

Here are my cards

Country Breakfast Casserole

Breakfast Pizza
Old 01-18-2012, 08:07 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Just want to quickly introduce myself, I did an extended version of it in the Welcome thread.
My name is Christine or Xtine as online nick. I live in Oregon am originally fromthe Netherlands and will try to introduce you to some Dutch recipes :-)

Ever since I discovered Mairine's Recipe card kits last year I could not wait to participate this year, so here I am, ready to rock(I hope). I'm doing a Digital Scrapbooking course at Linda Sattgast, mainly because I know her from the Photoshop Elements Magazine. I already saw some amazing layouts with yummy recipes in the gallery, very inspiriring.cant wait to get started! Looking forward getting to know you all better!

Ps: will upload a photo avatar of self tomorrow when I have access to my laptop again
Old 01-18-2012, 07:55 PM
theStudio QC CT

Here is my card...hoping to do a second one for this month before it's too late!
Toni Annhttp://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...ast_flat72.jpg[QUOTE]
Old 01-18-2012, 07:56 PM
theStudio QC CT

Hey.....I am FINALLY getting the hang of this posting thing! Got it right the first try! Woooohoooo!
Old 01-19-2012, 03:24 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Here is mine, thanks for the challenge.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:49 PM
theStudio Artist

My recipe for January is below. Thank you, Maurine, for another great kit and challenge.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:42 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Ciao Maurice!
I just discover this thread, thanks to the recipe card starter from your store and looks adorable!!! i want to participate for the first time but how can do it? i need to buy the starter kit? I'am peruvian but i live in Rome with hubby and my girls so i can share a couple of recipes :-)
thanks
Old 01-20-2012, 09:36 PM
theStudio CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftmomma View Post
i have to agree with this. This is the only challenge I do regularly. I love these kits and I really enjoy getting all the new recipes to try.
DITTO!! This is the only challenge I have kept up with for years. Thanks, Maurine!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:41 PM
theStudio CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
Just want to quickly introduce myself, I did an extended version of it in the Welcome thread.
My name is Christine or Xtine as online nick. I live in Oregon am originally fromthe Netherlands and will try to introduce you to some Dutch recipes :-)

Ever since I discovered Mairine's Recipe card kits last year I could not wait to participate this year, so here I am, ready to rock(I hope). I'm doing a Digital Scrapbooking course at Linda Sattgast, mainly because I know her from the Photoshop Elements Magazine. I already saw some amazing layouts with yummy recipes in the gallery, very inspiriring.cant wait to get started! Looking forward getting to know you all better!

Ps: will upload a photo avatar of self tomorrow when I have access to my laptop again

Hello Christine. You will love it here like the rest of us do. We just enjoy sharing recipes with each other and using the cute kits Maurine so generously gives us. So glad you are here and look forward to getting to know you and trying your great recipes.

Hugs,
Marnie
Old 01-20-2012, 11:10 PM
theStudio Designer

Hi, Wendy. I'd love to have you join in! You do need to buy the starter kit the first month you participate. You will receive future starter kits for free as long as you participated the month before. For example, you buy January's kit and create/share a recipe card, and in February you'll get the starter kit -- plus all the wonderful recipe cards others created -- for free. If you create/share a card using February's kit, you get March's kit for free -- and so on. I look forward to seeing your cards! : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamma wendy View Post
Ciao Maurice!
I just discover this thread, thanks to the recipe card starter from your store and looks adorable!!! i want to participate for the first time but how can do it? i need to buy the starter kit? I'am peruvian but i live in Rome with hubby and my girls so i can share a couple of recipes :-)
thanks

Old 01-20-2012, 11:12 PM
theStudio Designer

Hi, Christine -- welcome! I would love to get some Dutch recipes ~ I look forward to seeing your cards! : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post

Old 01-21-2012, 07:11 PM
theStudio Artist

I think your kit is beautiful and I am so glad I will be able to participate. Thanks!
Here is my recipe:
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...nch-peview.jpg

Last edited by cjpeterson38@hotmail.com; 01-21-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: To add pictures
Old 01-21-2012, 11:21 PM
theStudio Artist

Here's mine

Old 01-22-2012, 07:36 AM
theStudio Scribbler

All of the recipes sound soooo yummy!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-22-2012, 10:27 AM
theStudio Picasso

This month's recipe...Breakfast Pizza!

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...12-01-web.html
Old 01-22-2012, 03:13 PM
theStudio Designer

here is a great recipe beloved by the family (esp. the son, who adores oatmeal)

Personal Use Shop
Commercial Use Shop
My Newsletter
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Google+
Documenting Your Life
Closed Thread