Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Progressive Scraps > Archived Progressive Scraps > Progressive Scrap, May 14th - 21st

Progressive Scrap, May 14th - 21st Led by Min

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2012, 03:11 AM
theStudio Designer

Default May PS - Day 1

Welcome to theStudio's May Progressive Scrap!

We're starting one day late this month - due to Mother's Day... I hope yours was as much fun as mine! While it was a little hectic in the morning (we had to take our daughter to a camp 1 hr away for a school trip and then some hectic baking and cooking) it was a great afternoon and evening with my Mom and MIL - they stayed until midnight and that's why I'm a day late in posting the PS .... I hope you're not mad at me...

This month we will be using out May Mega "Happy Graduation" - BUT it will not be a graduation themed challenge. I'm aware that not everybody has graduation pics to scrap (it's not even celebrated that way here) so I decided to choose a "neutral" approach and took this very literally, so be warned, it will be a challenge this month, I think

ETA: You're welcome to pick graduation pics to go with your layout - but you won't get any themed elements or papers during this PS. AND if (and only if) you want to do this the really challenging way: Do not recolor!

Here are the rules:

This progressive scrap will go on for eight days. For the first seven days I will give you a download link with two or three pieces you are required to use according to this day's instructions. You have two days (Sunday and Monday) to complete the last step (or catch up) and upload your finished layout.

The first download is free, you will get the others via pm after completion of the day before. You can join in until Thursday, but you have to complete the days to get the next download - and your last layout should be done and posted by Monday night!

You can recolor and/or crop the pieces or change their opacity but you have to use them as specified in each day's instructions and once placed are not allowed to move them. Make sure you save your layout in a .psd format so you are able to place new pieces below others if you should wish to do so.

On Monday night I will post a poll to choose the winner who gets this month's Mega for free! There's also a participation prize for all of you who finish their layouts - you will get a coupon for 1 $ off this Mega.

I will host a QP exchange for those of you who'd like to gather a great matching QP album - if you plan to participate, please make sure you create your layout at 12 x 12 in, 300 dpi!

Here's what you will get to start you off - 3 papers and 3 frames, created by Aimee aka Aimee Harrison Design Studios, Christine aka Digilicious Designs, Janet aka JanetB Designs and Toiny aka Piggyscraps Designs:

Instructions: Pick one paper as your background and use at least one of the frames!

If you have questions regarding the instructions, feel free to post them in this thread.

Upload your layout to the Progressive Scrap Gallery, then come back here and post the link to your layout so I can pm you onTuesday with the download link for Day 2!

Last edited by Min; 05-14-2012 at 10:54 AM.