Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Events > Archived Events > Christmas in July > Christmas in July Scrap-A-Thon

Christmas in July Scrap-A-Thon Join us July 22, 2012 starting at 2:30 pm EST for a special Christmas in July Scrap-A-Thon!

Official Studio Time
2:30 - 3:30 - Toiny
3:30 - 4:30 - Caren Grobe
4:30 - 5:30 - Aimee Harrison
5:30 - 6:30 - ADB Designs
6:30 - 7:30 - SnickerDoodleDesigns

Link to our Chat Room: http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/chat/flashchat.php#

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2012, 06:57 AM
theStudio Owner

From the Piggy 2:30 EST with Toiny!

Hi all!

I will be giving away the paper & card template FREE in chat only:

I will post instructions here after chat as well. I hope to see you later!

Step 1: Create a new canvas. Be sure to set at 300 dpi, 7X5 inches or 6X4 inches. Or use my FREE Template included in the chat FREEBIE today.

Step 2: Choose 1 photo and cover roughly 2/3 of your card. Or use the template and clip to the “photo” layer
Step 3: Choose 3 papers and layer on the other 1/3 of your card. Or clip to the paper layers in the template.

Step 4: Choose a main embellishment and layer on top of the papers. Or modify my Christmas tree on the template. I clipped cardstocks to make mine.

Step 5: Embellish further – as desired. I “styled” the stitching on my template and added a star with glow using a brush

Step 6: Add Christmas WordArt to your card. Or use the free WordArt in my template. I used the font Porcelain from Eduardo Recife (at misprintedtype.com)

Step 7: Add your family name and you are DONE!

Please post your cards in our Scrap-A-Thon gallery

Last edited by Toiny; 07-22-2012 at 02:15 PM.