Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges > August 2012 Challenges

August 2012 Challenges Here you will find all our monthly challenges for August 2012. Try one, try two, try them all!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 09:34 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Recipe Card Challenge ~ August 2012

Recipe Card Challenge Gallery
Here are the instructions for this month's recipe card challenge/exchange:

1. Click HERE for this month's starter kit. The majority of your card(s) must be made with this kit to ensure all the cards “coordinate” with each other. Feel free to use additional CU items to enhance your cards (for example, brushes, actions, etc.). The starter kit will be free to those who used the prior month's starter kit to create and share at least one recipe card.

2. The general theme for this month's cards is your favorite recipe for “ICE CREAM” or other cold treats, drinks, or desserts ~ the post below this one includes more information. Be creative and have fun designing your cards! If you need a specific metal tag and don't have it from a previous kit, send me an e-mail and I'll make it for you.

3. Create your original card at 6" wide X 4" tall (1800 and 1200 pixels) and save it as a 300 ppi jpeg, quality between 8 to 10. These are the print-quality cards that will be shared with all participants. You will also need to resize your card at 72 ppi to post in the gallery.

WHEN FINISHED with your card(s), do the following 3 things:

1. E-mail your print-quality, 300 ppi recipe card to LetMeScrapbook@hotmail.com so it can be included in the download file at the end of the month. Do not share your print-quality card on your blogs or through any other means without my prior approval. Several participants have also asked for blank copies of the cards you design, so if you're willing to send me both (with and without the words), that would be great!

2. Upload a picture of your 72 ppi card to the Recipe Card Challenge Gallery. Please upload only your actual recipe card ~ not the blank cards. You may also post a copy of your 72 ppi (web version) on your blog if you’d like, and then include a link to the forum in case others are interested and want to participate.

3. Post a link here in this forum thread no later than August 31.

At the end of the month, all participants will receive a link to download all the cards created that month. Bon appétit!!

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 08-04-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:35 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: Recipe Card Challenge ~ August 2012

So many of us are living in record heat this year in the United States ~ maybe that’s why I’ve received so many suggestions for this month’s theme. Finding this cute clipart from Digiweb Studio sealed the deal!

This month’s kit includes a tag for ice cream, but that’s just one idea to get you started. The real focus for this month is anything that is COOL: desserts, smoothies, other beverages, popsicles, ice cream sandwiches, etc. Anything goes – I can’t wait to see what ideas you have to share.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SHARING YOUR CARDS:
As a general rule, I will share the print-quality version (300 ppi) of the cards you create for this challenge with the other participants; they are not to be given away/shared via a download link on your blogs or through any other means. Feel free to post a picture of the web version (72 ppi) of your card on your blog. If you want, you can also include a link to the forum so others can join in and participate. Please let me know if you have any questions about this explanation or my Terms Of Use (TOU) document.

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 08-04-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:33 PM
theStudio Designer

Got mine done early again this month -- yahoo! You can see my Berry Smoothie recipe here.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:41 AM
theStudio Artist

Wonderful theme
Old 08-04-2012, 10:12 PM
theStudio Picasso

Oh, this is great...ice cream! Yummy, yummy! and this kit is absolutely the cutest, Maurine! It's going to be such fun for us all to play with it. Thank you for another super kit and challenge.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:21 AM
theStudio Artist

Smile Re: Recipe Card Challenge ~ August 2012

What a lovely idea for a kit. I will have to scrap with it too. I have the perfect picture.

This photo was clipped from a video we took of Tyler having his first ice cream. Well it was grandad's ice cream really and Tyler just leaned forward and started eating it. He was a little surprised at first I think at how cold it was but he ended up with it all over his face.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:47 AM
theStudio Designer

What an adorable picture and cutie-pie baby! : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizzle View Post
What a lovely idea for a kit. I will have to scrap with it too. I have the perfect picture.

This photo was clipped from a video we took of Tyler having his first ice cream. Well it was grandad's ice cream really and Tyler just leaned forward and started eating it. He was a little surprised at first I think at how cold it was but he ended up with it all over his face.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:14 AM
theStudio Warhol

The kit is adorable can't wait to play along again this month!!
Old 08-05-2012, 11:08 AM
theStudio Designer

Quick update for July participants: I finally got through my inbox this morning so I could compile my e-mail list for this month's starter kit -- we had a LOT of cards and participants in July! I will be sending out the coupon code later today after church and a family dinner -- watch for it soon.

FOLLOW-UP: Coupon code was mailed out a few minutes ago. If you participated in July and did NOT receive an e-mail from me, please let me know.

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 08-05-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:26 PM
theStudio Warhol

Here is mine Thanks for the wonderful starter kit, it's super cute.
Ice Cream Sandwich Desserts
Old 08-05-2012, 08:02 PM
theStudio Warhol

Super cute kit !!!

Old 08-05-2012, 09:10 PM
theStudio CT

Okay - I just had to tuck one of those cute little bear elements in somewhere! Here's mine.
Thank you Maurine, again, for the cutest little recipe kits ever!
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...berry-pie.html

http://atimeforscraps.blogspot.com/
Old 08-06-2012, 06:16 AM
theStudio Scribbler

TY so much Maurine! This is going to be an awesome challenge, ICE CREAM, probably my most FAVORITE dessert there is...if it has ICE CREAM in it, I am so there!
Thanks for the awesome kit! Can't wait to get started!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:54 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Here is one of mine:
Page_002.jpg
Old 08-06-2012, 07:55 AM
theStudio Scribbler

#2:
Old 08-06-2012, 12:21 PM
theStudio Artist

When I try to add the kit to my cart I get a "Page not found" error again. Both in IE and Firefox.
It was exactly the same last month, too, and then it suddenly worked. If you did something last month to fix it, could you do it again for this month, please?
Old 08-06-2012, 12:24 PM
theStudio Artist

Ok, please disregard, now it worked. I placed it into the wishlist, then clicked on view details, and then I was able to add it to my cart. My computer must be out to drive me crazy... *g*
Old 08-06-2012, 01:06 PM
theStudio Picasso

When I try to log in I, also, get the "Page not Found" message. I got it with IE and Google chrome yesterday and today. I sent a message, but still no answer. I never keep cookies. My computer is set up to not keep them at all.

Stand for something.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:46 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Page Not Found

I'm also having problems with the "page not found" error message (using Firefox on a Mac after clearing cookies), so I doubt the issue is related to individual computers. Adding to the wish list first as described by esha worked for me.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:56 PM
theStudio Designer

Hey, everyone. Thanks for letting me know about the weird issues with the store. I'll send a note off to our store administrators and see if they are aware of the problem and any suggestions on workarounds. Thanks, Sabine (esha), for sharing the temporary fix you came up with.

Closed Thread