Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges > September 2012 Challenges

September 2012 Challenges Here you will find all our monthly challenges for September 2012. Try one, try two, try them all!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 04:24 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Recipe Card Challenge ~ September 2012

Recipe Card Challenge Gallery
Here are the instructions for this month's recipe card challenge/exchange:

1. Click HERE for this month's starter kit. The majority of your card(s) must be made with this kit to ensure all the cards “coordinate” with each other. Feel free to use additional CU items to enhance your cards (for example, brushes, actions, etc.). The starter kit will be free to those who used the prior month's starter kit to create and share at least one recipe card.

2. The general theme for this month's cards is your favorite recipe for “GET WELL” or comfort food recipe ~ the post below this one includes more information. Be creative and have fun designing your cards! If you need a specific metal tag and don't have it from a previous kit, send me an e-mail and I'll make it for you.

3. Create your original card at 6" wide X 4" tall (1800 and 1200 pixels) and save it as a 300 ppi jpeg, quality between 8 to 10. These are the print-quality cards that will be shared with all participants. You will also need to resize your card at 72 ppi to post in the gallery.

WHEN FINISHED with your card(s), do the following 3 things:

1. E-mail your print-quality, 300 ppi recipe card to LetMeScrapbook@hotmail.com so it can be included in the download file at the end of the month. Do not share your print-quality card on your blogs or through any other means without my prior approval. Several participants have also asked for blank copies of the cards you design, so if you're willing to send me both (with and without the words), that would be great!

2. Upload a picture of your 72 ppi card to the Recipe Card Challenge Gallery. Please upload only your actual recipe card ~ not the blank cards. You may also post a copy of your 72 ppi (web version) on your blog if you’d like, and then include a link to the forum in case others are interested and want to participate.

3. Post a link here in this forum thread no later than September 30.

At the end of the month, all participants will receive a link to download all the cards created that month. Bon appétit!!

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 09-03-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:25 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: Recipe Card Challenge ~ September 2012

It seems like I am surrounded by people who have recently had babies or are recovering from illness or surgery, meaning I have many opportunities to prepare and take meals to families in my neighborhood. I need some new ideas -- I hope you're game to play along!

This month’s kit includes a tag for "get well," but that’s only to introduce the general idea. Think about the times you’ve taken food to a new neighbor or someone who needed a warm meal, or your favorite recipes of things people have brought you. This could include any kind of food item: soups, main dishes, salads, desserts, etc. – whatever you come up with. Anything goes – I can’t wait to see what ideas you have to share.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SHARING YOUR CARDS:
As a general rule, I will share the print-quality version (300 ppi) of the cards you create for this challenge with the other participants; they are not to be given away/shared via a download link on your blogs or through any other means. Feel free to post a picture of the web version (72 ppi) of your card on your blog. If you want, you can also include a link to the forum so others can join in and participate. Please let me know if you have any questions about this explanation or my Terms Of Use (TOU) document.

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 09-03-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:47 PM
theStudio Designer

One more quick post, then I'm done for the day! : )

I will send coupon codes to everyone who participated in the August challenge in the next few days. Last month was super busy for me at home and work, and I haven't been able to spend hardly any time in here leaving "love" in the gallery. That will be my focus this week.

FYI: I am having foot surgery this Friday and expect to have a pretty full week leading up to that. I likely won't get the August cards ready and download links out to everyone until the week of September 10. Be patient, though -- they are definitely worth the wait!

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 09-03-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:31 PM
theStudio Artist

Take your time, Maurine. We will be glad to wait for you to get everything to us. Best wishes for a speedy recovery from your surgery.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:30 PM
theStudio Artist

Good Luck on your surgery! Guess this recipe challenge is a good one for you this month....you could use a meal delivery!
Old 09-03-2012, 09:49 PM
theStudio Picasso

Another super kit to use for the challenge! And a great theme, too. I'm not sure why, but somehow the arrival of fall always makes me think of comfort foods and recipes. I hope you get to enjoy a lot of comfort food while you recuperate from your surgery--and I sure hope you recuperate smoothly. Don't worry about doing the recipe links for August, either. Just focus on healing!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:32 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Sending warm thoughts for a speedy recovery.
We'll wait patiently.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:39 AM
theStudio Warhol

oh man...wish we could whip a batch of homemade soup and rolls and send it your way for a speedy recovery. GET WELL! (Hope your neighbors pamper you well)
Old 09-04-2012, 04:39 AM
theStudio Monet

Sending thoughts and prayers your way for Friday's surgery and hoping for a quick recovery. Take care of yourself, we need you around here. Wish I could send some comfort food your way. Knowing me, you would expect something sweet and chocolate too.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:53 AM
theStudio Rembrandt

So glad to hear from you. Hope your surgery goes well. Love the kit as always. No problem waiting for the cards, take your time and be well.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:43 PM
theStudio Warhol

Thanks for the great new kit. Comfort foods sounds like the right thing right now. I hope everything goes well with the surgery and you have a speedy recovery. Please take your time in getting things to us. It seems we are all a very understanding group. Take care.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:46 PM
theStudio Designer

I don't mean to get all mushy, but I'm going to, anyway! I love you ladies! Thanks so much for your thoughtful messages here and those sent to my inbox ~ I really value your virtual friendships and only wish we all lived closer together!

I know some people dread surgeries; I truly can't wait to have this one done and behind me. I'm going to be just fine! In the meantime, I fully intend to have the September coupon code out today -- I can't wait to see the new batch of recipes this month!

Old 09-04-2012, 04:56 PM
theStudio CT

Awww, "hugs" your way, Maurine! Hope the surgery goes quickly and you recuperate fast. Don't worry about the cards. I'm sure everyone here understands and will wait patiently. You take care of yourself.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:47 PM
theStudio Artist

Timing was perfect for me, somebody asked for this recipe today.
I don't make many delivery meals because of all the diet restrictions people I know have but I do make "prepared" veggie bags for husbands to make fresh meals at home with mini recipe cards (how long to cook with how much water/broth) and deliver. I hope you have plenty of these delivered during your recovery!

I enjoyed the recipe challenge so much I used the mini kit to make my siggy.
text done with gasmask
https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudi...ducts_id=13406
Old 09-05-2012, 04:46 AM
theStudio Artist

Oh Maurine, being one of the people myself who dread surgery I'm sending you lots of good wishes, for a good outcome and a speedy recovery. Of course, if it resolves a problem surgery certainly is a good invention. Get well soon!

And thanks for the lovely kit. Even the checkout process that was wonky in the previous months worked fine this time

Comfort food is a nice theme. I have the perfect recipe for it
Old 09-05-2012, 08:58 AM
theStudio CT

Maureen, take care of yourself. I will be praying for a speedy recovery, and lots of pampering for a momma that deserves it. We'll see ya when you get back.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:59 AM
theStudio Designer

Maurine - wishing you a speedy recovery, dear friend!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:43 PM
theStudio CT

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...7-hashweb.html

My mom always made this for my brother and me after we had been sick. It always tasted so good after us just being able to eat chicken noodle soup for a while. It's easy on the tummy after you have been sick. Sometimes we would serve it over a piece of bread and that was good too.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:45 AM
theStudio Scribbler

I just wanted to say, I wish you a speedy recovery and hope your surgery goes well. Foot surgery is no fun, YOU CAN'T walk! LOL
Seriously, when I had surgery on my foot, I could not wait until I was able to WALK again!
I know you will do fine and you will feel better after it's all over and everything has healed up. My prayers are with you sweetie.

Don't worry about us, we'll all still be here when you are ready to come back. You just take care and concentrate on getting well. "Sending you a big bowl of IMAGINARY....CHICKEN SOUP"... Sorry, since you don't live close, that's the best I can do. LOL
Get Well Soon. *hugz*
Candie
Old 09-06-2012, 10:22 AM
theStudio CT

OK, I am going to give this a try even though I am a big chicken about changing the sizing in PSE and emailing it correctly. I LOVE recipes!! I don't quite grasp this 300ppi and 72 ppi thingy.
And Maureen, wishing you a very speedy recovery!! Sending warm healing thoughts your way.
Closed Thread