Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Events > Archived Events > theStudio Birthday Bash 2012 > Next Designer Contest 2012

Next Designer Contest 2012
Official Studio Time
Round 1: Starts September 1, 6:00 am Ends September 5, 23:59 pm
Round 2: Starts September 8, 6:00 am Ends September 12, 23:59 pm
Round 3: Starts September 15, 6:00 am Ends September 19, 23:59 pm
Round 4: Starts September 22, 6:00 am Ends September 27, 23:59 pm

Old 09-05-2012, 03:13 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: What do you listen to while you design?

I watch lousy television. Right now I am watching last weeks Young and the Restless My brain gets to critique the acting and the storyline instead of being my own worst critic. I always scrap like that too - even years ago when I was a paper scrapper I would set up in front of the TV.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:01 AM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndsfairne View Post
I appear to be an anomaly ... I listen to audio books.
When I couldn't get a copy of the third Hunger Games book fast enough, I discovered that I could download the audio book from the library ... without even leaving my house!!! and put it on my phone. Now I am constantly reading like 3 books at a time ... an audio book, ebook (also on the phone, man do I love modern technology!), and an actual book book.
My husband does that at work! It's really funny, he'll be in the back room, crunching numbers and checking stock, listening to Neil Gaiman or Brandon Sanderson. It's funny to hear about the temps reactions when they walk in in the middle of a chapter.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:20 AM
theStudio Designer

mostly it is silence for me....but sometimes .... classic country, oldies from the 60s, Michael Buble, Josh Groban, .........

Personal Use Shop
Commercial Use Shop
My Newsletter
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Google+
Documenting Your Life
Old 09-05-2012, 12:41 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

sometimes i listen to the tv in the background sometimes i split my screen and watch a movie while i am designing or when i am in the mood i listen to my itunes, which consists of heavy metal,rock to irish rock/punk, i even have some johnny cash and techno music...lol
Old 09-05-2012, 11:56 PM
theStudio Scribbler

I might have just about anything going... Sometimes, I just need the quiet, but MOST of the time, I have some kind of noise going on... I watch tv shows on netflix, play music, or listen to podcasts... It just depends on what mood I'm in. Sometimes I will even turn on the radio, which is unusual for me, but has been happening more frequently. In my office, my hubby's puter sits here next to mine all day while he's at work. So, I'll often turn it on and get my netflix instant que going, or listen to his music. This way, I get the benefit of the noise, without having to give up any of my processor power, lol... I'm sneaky that way,

Huggles!!
~Sarah~
Old 09-06-2012, 05:47 AM
theStudio Moderator

I also do signature tags for some yahoo groups using Licensed Art. We have this game called Secret Diamond Sister ( like a secret sister game) If I am working on following a tutorial or just trying to come up with something to tag I play Lord of The Dance end theme over and over. My family knows if they keep bugging me and the music suddenly gets cranked up ( I am usually wearing my headset) and they hear it to just back off and leave me alone for awhile. works every time

Old 09-06-2012, 10:03 AM
theStudio Scribbler

I actually have to have some background noice so I have the TV on, lately it's been the US Open!
Old 09-06-2012, 04:18 PM
theStudio Scribbler

My favorite time to design is at night after DH (and the grandkds if they are here) have gone to bed. But I still have to have some kind of quiet background noise. Most of the time it's the tv, netflix or hulu plus with fav shows I've already seen, usually House, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice or Glee. When I want music it depends on my mood, it ranges from rock to country, lately it's been the soundtracks from Country Strong and Glee ;-)
Old 09-06-2012, 04:27 PM
theStudio Designer

For me it doesn't matter at all. There can be music or tv in the background, my cat's snoring, the gardener cutting the trees outside with a chainsaw, my hubby trying to tell me how horrible his day at work was... as long as I started designing BEFORE the "noise" began, nothing can disturb me *lol*
Old 09-06-2012, 05:24 PM
theStudio Designer

I'm probably alone (well close to it, lol) but I like to design in silence. I like the sound of the fan going, the birds outside and stuff like that. However, sometimes when I'm in the livingroom on my laptop, I will watch Netflix. I tend to watch documentaries and love to watch The Civil War and WWII by Ken Burns. When I listen to music, it's usually something mellow. Like Coldplay, Rufus Wainwright or Cat Power. Sometimes classical, too. Love me some Rachmaninoff!

Aimee Harrison
Blog | Store | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter | Scrap Blog