Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2012, 11:44 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Default USMC for Toiny

Hi Toiny, I wanted to say congratulations to you and your son on his start to becoming a United States Marine. My son left for Parris Island on November 14th 2011. Right this minute, he is on a plane from Pensacola, Florida to San Diego, California to finish up his job training as an aviation electrician. You will never feel as proud as the day you greet your son at his graduation from boot camp. He will have gone through the toughest training any military in the world can put any one person through. He will graduate with a new self confidence, knowing he will be able to handle anything life throws in his way be it personal or professional. He will have a new appreciation for his country, his family and home and a special appreciation for his mother.

His first letters home may be alarming to you. He will be wondering what he was thinking. He will miss home. He will wish he had never joined. But after the third week in, you will notice a change. His confidence will start to take root. He will be used to the way things are done in the USMC and it will all start to make sense to him.

The best thing you can do for him when you receive those first letters is to tell him how much you believe in him, how proud you all are of him and that you know he can do it! Write to him often and get as many people as you can to write to him as well. He may not be able to respond to everyone, but those letters will keep him going! My son and nephew went in together and getting letters from home made all the difference.

It is a scary thing, to have your son or daughter join the Marine Corps or any branch of service...but there is nothing like it in the world. I am proud to be the mother of a United States Marine. Please message me if there is ever anything you need to know. If I can help, I will!

Jodi