Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 09-16-2012, 10:42 AM
theStudio CT

Default I am Freaking Out (Really Long Rant)

I have to get this off my chest, but have no place that I can really talk about it.
I found out this morning there was a major drug bust at a kids party yesterday. This happened about a block away from my house. Most of the kids there were between the ages of 13 to 15. When the police arrived they blocked off the entire area, and took posetion of 3 city busses to hold/transport the kids. I am so grateful that my boys (13 yo and 15 yo) are not involved with anything like that. They said the kids at the party were mostly from a nearby city.
I live in a very small beach town, and drugs are Everywhere here. About a month ago a new neighbor moved in right next door, and there is strong evidence that he is dealing. All the signs are there. My husband and the neighbor will be speaking to the authorities tomorrow about the next door neighbor. With the bust yesterday we are hoping that he will assume someone at that party ratted him out, and that he wont suspect us or the neighbors of turning him in. Retaliation is the most dangerous thing about where I live.
I am so worried about my babies, I am having the worst time concentrating. I am afraid to even leave my house. I stay inside with the gate and the door locked. It even makes me nervous to go outside to hang my laundry on the line.
Any prayers or good thoughts you have to spare for us would be appreciated.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:05 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: I am Freaking Out (Really Long Rant)

Oh Brenda, how awful! And how wonderful your kids were home and not involved!! I so hope last night's events will help to get rid of that problem in your area and the authorities will do something about your neighbor without him being able to guess who it was.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))
Old 09-16-2012, 11:09 AM
theStudio CT

Oh my that is just awful! I would be freaking out too! Thank god your kids are involved and hang around with anyone like that. The next thing could be more serious. I would be putting my house up for sale right now but we can't all do that. I will say a prayer to keep you all safe though.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:32 AM
theStudio Designer

Oh No! that sounds dreadful, thankfully I do not live anywhere like that and I know I would not cope with a dealer next door, you are right to be weary but you also need to be able to live your life in a comfortable manner, it's not good to feel the way you do, I hope the police will have this sorted for you and I pray that he moves away from next door and you get a neighbor that you can trust and treat as a best friend.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:11 PM
theStudio CT

Brenda, my prayers are with you and your family. Its a different world we live in today and I am so glad my kids are grown and married although now I worry about the grandkids. Sadly I have one son that smokes pot but his theory is "when everyone else puts their liquor down then I will put my pot down" (he doesn't drink). It has never interfered with his job or his life, but its IILLIGAL!!!!!
And sadly I don't think the drug problem is going away anytime soon. Not with the amount we have coming across the border. Just keep talking to your kids!! HUGS!!
Old 09-16-2012, 12:26 PM
theStudio CT

Thanks ladies.We have lived here for about two and a half years. The house next door has been rented that entire time, but it is the property owner that just moved in. Moving is definately something we are considering, but realistically it would be the first of the year before anything is possible. We are going through a transition period right now with DHs job. A lot of changes are happening at his company, and he has a lot of options. So we have some big decisions to make just now.
My head is so full I am having a hard time concentrating on anything. Even scrapping.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:21 PM
theStudio Designer

Brenda - that is so very sad. It's terrible that people like that can affect other peoples lives so negatively. And with the drug trade - it's a dog eat dog world and very rarely do they have compassion for other peoples lives around them. Just be thankful that your children are okay. If it's a small town, perhaps some of the people will rise up to try and get your town back and not let thugs take over and scare everyone. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:39 PM
theStudio Designer

Brenda I am so glad you felt you could share here. You need a safe place to tell your stories and this is it. I am so glad your kids werent there. and yes, do report the neighbor. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. HUGS

Personal Use Shop
Commercial Use Shop
My Newsletter
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Google+
Documenting Your Life
Old 09-16-2012, 02:34 PM
theStudio CT

Brenda ... I'm so sorry that you're going through a difficult time. Situations like that do give you an opportunity to think about what's important and how blessed you are that your kids weren't involved. I hope things work out in such a way that you are able to feel safe in your home. On a lighter note: You have to get scrappin'! You have a page to do! Use the creativity as an outlet! Sometimes that's when you get your very best work done. You'll be in my prayers!
Old 09-16-2012, 04:15 PM
theStudio Designer

Brenda, how awful! So thankful your own children were safe and not involved. As hard as it will be, reporting your neighbor's activities would be wise. Breaking up drug dealing and taking back your neighborhood will provide safety for your own kids! Praying this will be resolved quickly!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:24 AM
theStudio Monet

Brenda God is Good and Blessed is your Family. If you want to know a few things to stay safe then send me a PM. I know way to much about this sort of thing. Be careful, once you turn off your blinders it is a Real Spiritual War you can not win with out the support of your church.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:39 AM
theStudio CT

Thank you everyone. Your kind words have really meant a lot to me. I just cant speak to my family & friends at home about this because the worry so much about us being so far away.

I do want to update you all. DH called a hotline # the equilivant to the drug enforcement unit. He was given a case # and told if he has any further information (other than what he had already said), he can refer to that #. He told me that they were just taking the information [professionally] without emotion, until he told them about the kids that go over every day during school. Then it seems they took him more serious. He also gave the hotline # to our neighbor (she is just like Gladys Kravitz - the neighbor on Bewitched). She said she will call today from a friends phone.
I suspect that there will soon be some action. Now untiil this mess is over I am going to be even more nervous. Thanks for the prayers.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Chit Cat

Hugs and prayers to you and your family. I know how awful this seems. My aunt used to tell me that God does not give you more than you can handle. I was not sure I believed that, but then I turned around to look back and saw that I got through the hard times. So I thought, she was right and I could handle it. I am sure that any parent that would take the time and go to the trouble to call about this is a great parent. I am sure that you can handle this and come out on the other side well and whole. Take care. Thinking of you.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:00 PM
theStudio Designer

Brenda...I think it's time to move. When you don't feel safe it's time to pack up Granted that is SOOOO much easier said then done - but I sure hope it can become a reality for you guys! You deserve a sense of ease and not to have to worry about your children so much.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:17 PM
theStudio Artist

Keeping you and your family in my prayers this week.
Hope you can connect with other neighbors near you. Surely they are worried about this as well and you could help keep an eye out for each other.