Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived General > Learning Center and Software Solutions > Software Books > The Fun Stuff

The Fun Stuff This is the place to find or share information on books about Photoshop techniques. There are a lot of good books out there to teach you techniques and to get the creative juices flowing. I will add more as I have time and I hope if you know of a good book you will start a thread and share it here.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:59 PM
theStudio Artist

Smile O”Reilly Digital Studio

O'Reilly Digital Studio has some good PS books that are under $30. And if you buy directly from them they have a buy 2 get 1 free deal.

Photoshop Fine Art Effects Cookbook by John Beardsworth
This book shows you how to turn your photos into images that mimic great artistic styles, from Van Gogh to Seuret. The fun thing about it is that it teaches you how to use filters, blending modes and various techniques that you can incorporate into you digital scrapping. I would classify this book as a creativity spark and with a basic knowledge of PS you will be able to work through it. It does not come with a CD but you can go to their website to download the examples used in the book.

Photoshop Blending Modes Cookbook by John Beardsworth
Blending modes are one of most important but most overlooked features of Photoshop. When used in photo repair changing the blending mode can bring out details that were lost from under/over exposure. But the fun of blending modes is that you can produce a lot of special effects, and they can take any ordinary design and make it extraordinary.
One nice thing about blending modes that they don't change the actual pixels that make up an image, so their effects are completely reversible. It does not come with a CD but you can go to their website to download the examples used in the book.

I have some other good books in my library and as I get time I will add them here. If you have some books you would like to recommend please start a thread and share them here.
Thanks,
Julie
Old 07-14-2007, 05:32 PM
SAS-y Gem

Thanks for the info Julie...always looking for good tuts and books! I have so much to learn!!!